Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 29, 2013
12:13:30 PM
View profile
Odd issue with Rewind - It skips forward!

About 3 or 4 years ago, U-Verse added a unique feature to the Fast Forward function on the Set Top Boxes; it rolled back approximately 7 seconds when you pressed play.  That was and continues to be a great feature.  You can FF through a string of commercials and when you see the return of the program that you're watching, you press play - it rolls back, usually right at the end of last commercial.  Cool!

Well, now, something has happened to rewind.  It now jumps forward appx. 7 seconds!  I don't think that it's supposed to / designed to, do that.  I watch auto races on the DVR (situations make watching them live a stretch, unfortuantely).  I often FF through "follow the leader" stretches and when I see a caution or green flag pit stops, I press play.  Usually I have to rewind to catch something and that is wherew the "jumping forward" madness begins.  Anyone else notice this?  This has only bveen going oin for a month or so.

About 3 or 4 years ago, U-Verse added a unique feature to the Fast Forward function on the Set Top Boxes; it rolled back approximately 7 seconds when you pressed play.  That was and continues to be a great feature.  You can FF through a string of commercials and when you see the return of the program that you're watching, you press play - it rolls back, usually right at the end of last commercial.  Cool!

Well, now, something has happened to rewind.  It now jumps forward appx. 7 seconds!  I don't think that it's supposed to / designed to, do that.  I watch auto races on the DVR (situations make watching them live a stretch, unfortuantely).  I often FF through "follow the leader" stretches and when I see a caution or green flag pit stops, I press play.  Usually I have to rewind to catch something and that is wherew the "jumping forward" madness begins.  Anyone else notice this?  This has only bveen going oin for a month or so.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Odd issue with Rewind - It skips forward!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 6:28:46 AM
(0)
Community Manager

That is odd. Was any any software update performed before this issue started or did it just start doing it out of nowhere? This might be a dumb question, but have you tried resetting your receiver?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

That is odd. Was any any software update performed before this issue started or did it just start doing it out of nowhere? This might be a dumb question, but have you tried resetting your receiver?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Odd issue with Rewind - It skips forward!

2 of 3 (154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 8:52:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

I think that it must be tied into a software update.  It is quite frustrating!

Resetting?  All boxes have been reset at some point and the issue remains.  Thanks.

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

I think that it must be tied into a software update.  It is quite frustrating!

Resetting?  All boxes have been reset at some point and the issue remains.  Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Odd issue with Rewind - It skips forward!

3 of 3 (146 Views)