Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 4, 2014
4:16:27 PM
View profile
Nvg510 port forwarding not allowing open port to access dyndns

Today ATT upgraded my modem to the NVG510.   I had a foscam web cam connected wirelessly using DynDns  which worked fine.  I have opened the port 8080 the same way as I have seen in so many places by adding a service connected to the IP of the camera.  It appears that the port is still closed and I am unable to use it.  I have a dog who has seizures so I like to keep an eye on him   Any help would be greatly appreciated. What else do I need to do to get the camera's port to be open?

The camera had been working perfectly connected to a DSL modem and a cisco wireless router. PLEASE HELP

Today ATT upgraded my modem to the NVG510.   I had a foscam web cam connected wirelessly using DynDns  which worked fine.  I have opened the port 8080 the same way as I have seen in so many places by adding a service connected to the IP of the camera.  It appears that the port is still closed and I am unable to use it.  I have a dog who has seizures so I like to keep an eye on him   Any help would be greatly appreciated. What else do I need to do to get the camera's port to be open?

The camera had been working perfectly connected to a DSL modem and a cisco wireless router. PLEASE HELP

Nvg510 port forwarding not allowing open port to access dyndns

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 6:55:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

Any particular reason why you use DynDns instead of just port forwarding to your External IP?  I have the Motorola NVG589.  AT&T just upgraded me from the HG-2701.  I was sucessfully able to open and manually forward to Port 8090.  

Any particular reason why you use DynDns instead of just port forwarding to your External IP?  I have the Motorola NVG589.  AT&T just upgraded me from the HG-2701.  I was sucessfully able to open and manually forward to Port 8090.  

Re: Nvg510 port forwarding not allowing open port to access dyndns

2 of 2 (587 Views)