Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2013
6:11:12 AM
Number Blocking Options

U-Verse Voice has a long way to go with their available options.  As much as they have invested in the U-Verse technology and getting everything integrated, the voice product is still lacking.  Your phone account can be accessed and have a number of items displayed through the on-screen options.  Tell me why then I should have to log into their website just to block callers?  You are already displaying their number on-screen, there should be a pick right along side that to block the caller.  Secondly, the amount of callers you are allowed block on any one list is a joke and managing it is even worse.  If you have a list of numbers already set up, and if you want add another number to that list the only way to retain all the previous numbers is to retype the entire list again with the new number - otherwise the new number you add will just replace all the old blocked numbers.  How stupid is that?

The technology already exists to make U-Verse Voice a vastly better product and experience, the infrastructure is already built-in.  Why aren't you guys offering things like this?

U-Verse Voice has a long way to go with their available options.  As much as they have invested in the U-Verse technology and getting everything integrated, the voice product is still lacking.  Your phone account can be accessed and have a number of items displayed through the on-screen options.  Tell me why then I should have to log into their website just to block callers?  You are already displaying their number on-screen, there should be a pick right along side that to block the caller.  Secondly, the amount of callers you are allowed block on any one list is a joke and managing it is even worse.  If you have a list of numbers already set up, and if you want add another number to that list the only way to retain all the previous numbers is to retype the entire list again with the new number - otherwise the new number you add will just replace all the old blocked numbers.  How stupid is that?

The technology already exists to make U-Verse Voice a vastly better product and experience, the infrastructure is already built-in.  Why aren't you guys offering things like this?

Number Blocking Options

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 6:52:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
tgoodhue225 - I agree the calling features could use enhancements & usability modifications.

Makes sense to have a one button add the number that just called. That is the way my Panasonic phone works. Well, maybe three or four clicks. But, I do not have to type the number.

I can not believe that you cannot build & manage a list. The directions say you can, but not how. You could pursue that with attcustomercare.

The part I find really bizarre is that you can turn it on & off & when you turn it off you blow away the list. Why would anyone want to turn it off & if they did, wouldn't they want to keep the list for the next time it is turned on??

Perhaps you are losing the list by turning it off. If you have built a list, you should be able to add or remove a single number. Don't ask me how. Just do not turn it off.
tgoodhue225 - I agree the calling features could use enhancements & usability modifications.

Makes sense to have a one button add the number that just called. That is the way my Panasonic phone works. Well, maybe three or four clicks. But, I do not have to type the number.

I can not believe that you cannot build & manage a list. The directions say you can, but not how. You could pursue that with attcustomercare.

The part I find really bizarre is that you can turn it on & off & when you turn it off you blow away the list. Why would anyone want to turn it off & if they did, wouldn't they want to keep the list for the next time it is turned on??

Perhaps you are losing the list by turning it off. If you have built a list, you should be able to add or remove a single number. Don't ask me how. Just do not turn it off.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Number Blocking Options

2 of 4 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 1:24:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

I hear ya.  List management is asinine.  Why in all the world when they were coding that up would they have thought that was a good idea or even an acceptable one.  Seems to me they probably have no idea it works like that and they hacked in that functionality together piecemeal at the last minute.  Anything to do with Voice - calls, blocking or otherwise should be done on your TV screen with all the rest of your U-Verse functionality.

I hear ya.  List management is asinine.  Why in all the world when they were coding that up would they have thought that was a good idea or even an acceptable one.  Seems to me they probably have no idea it works like that and they hacked in that functionality together piecemeal at the last minute.  Anything to do with Voice - calls, blocking or otherwise should be done on your TV screen with all the rest of your U-Verse functionality.

3 of 4 (390 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 10:34:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

tgoodhue225 wrote:

I don't do anything on the TV screen except watch TV. Using the remote to try and do anything else takes too much time. It's easier to copy and paste the number from the call log to the blocked number screen and save.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

tgoodhue225 wrote:

I don't do anything on the TV screen except watch TV. Using the remote to try and do anything else takes too much time. It's easier to copy and paste the number from the call log to the blocked number screen and save.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (308 Views)