Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 6, 2013
8:31:41 AM
View profile
Now that I have installed,what do I do with left over equipment in box?

What do I do with the box, and left over equipment not needed?

What do I do with the box, and left over equipment not needed?

Now that I have installed,what do I do with left over equipment in box?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 8:41:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Put in on a shelf in a closet in case you need it later?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Put in on a shelf in a closet in case you need it later?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Now that I have installed,what do I do with left over equipment in box?

2 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 8:46:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

that was my first guess, but was concerned it they wanted the extra parts returned should I not need them.

Larry Mustaller

that was my first guess, but was concerned it they wanted the extra parts returned should I not need them.

Larry Mustaller

3 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 8:49:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

No you will be fine keeping the extra "stuff".  They provide equipment in the box to cover most all typical installs so some will use more than others.

No you will be fine keeping the extra "stuff".  They provide equipment in the box to cover most all typical installs so some will use more than others.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (127 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 9:50:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I normally suggest that you hold on to everything for a week or two in case something happens to tell you that you do need the other stuff.

My guess is that what is left is one two-port filter and a handful of single port DSL filters.  If you don't have POTS, and everything is working fine, you're likely not ever going to need them.

I normally suggest that you hold on to everything for a week or two in case something happens to tell you that you do need the other stuff.

My guess is that what is left is one two-port filter and a handful of single port DSL filters.  If you don't have POTS, and everything is working fine, you're likely not ever going to need them.

5 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 11:15:05 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi mustaller,

The information that beebeesa and jeffermc gave is correct. With the extra equipment, it is best to hang on to it just in case you need it in the future. The only thing you would have to worry about returning is the main pieces of equipment like the Set Top Box or the Residential Gateway, so you don't get charged for having them.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi mustaller,

The information that beebeesa and jeffermc gave is correct. With the extra equipment, it is best to hang on to it just in case you need it in the future. The only thing you would have to worry about returning is the main pieces of equipment like the Set Top Box or the Residential Gateway, so you don't get charged for having them.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (127 Views)