Now that I have installed,what do I do with left over equipment in box?

Contributor

Now that I have installed,what do I do with left over equipment in box?

What do I do with the box, and left over equipment not needed?

Message 1 of 6 (147 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Now that I have installed,what do I do with left over equipment in box?

Put in on a shelf in a closet in case you need it later?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (147 Views)
Contributor

that was my first guess, but was concerned it they wanted the extra parts returned should I not need them.

Larry Mustaller

Message 3 of 6 (147 Views)
ACE - Master

No you will be fine keeping the extra "stuff".  They provide equipment in the box to cover most all typical installs so some will use more than others.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (147 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

I normally suggest that you hold on to everything for a week or two in case something happens to tell you that you do need the other stuff.

My guess is that what is left is one two-port filter and a handful of single port DSL filters.  If you don't have POTS, and everything is working fine, you're likely not ever going to need them.

Message 5 of 6 (147 Views)
Community Support

Hi mustaller,

The information that beebeesa and jeffermc gave is correct. With the extra equipment, it is best to hang on to it just in case you need it in the future. The only thing you would have to worry about returning is the main pieces of equipment like the Set Top Box or the Residential Gateway, so you don't get charged for having them.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (147 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.