November Carriage Agreements

Expert

November Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Special Notice Appearing in USA today on November 19, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

December 2013:

Effective 12/20/13, KYVV channel 28 will be moving to channel 10 in the San Antonio market.

January 2014:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after January 2014: Bloomberg TV (channel 222).

As well as the following local channel:

(1) For Ohio, in the Toledo area, WMNT (channel 48).

Effective 1/1/14, AMC channel 795/796 and 1795 in HD will be moving to channel 126 and 1126 in HD.

Message 1 of 17 (933 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: November Carriage Agreements

I'm with Jeffer. I assume Music Choice will be staying, but channels will shift and a few will rename.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 17 (573 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: November Carriage Agreements

baseballisback wrote:
I'm with Jeffer. I assume Music Choice will be staying, but channels will shift and a few will rename.

I think that I mis-worded my response or was misunderstood.  I was answering to the channel shift part.  The channel shift part will happen, even if the contract is signed.  Sorry.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 17 (524 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support