November Carriage Agreements

Highlighted
Expert

November Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Special Notice Appearing in USA today on November 19, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

December 2013:

Effective 12/20/13, KYVV channel 28 will be moving to channel 10 in the San Antonio market.

January 2014:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after January 2014: Bloomberg TV (channel 222).

As well as the following local channel:

(1) For Ohio, in the Toledo area, WMNT (channel 48).

Effective 1/1/14, AMC channel 795/796 and 1795 in HD will be moving to channel 126 and 1126 in HD.

Message 1 of 17 (932 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: November Carriage Agreements

I do not see anything to get hysterical about, but that does not mean someone will. Perhaps the millions of Bloomberg TV fans will start posting their threats to leave U-Verse if U-Verse does not come to a carriage agreement with that channel.

The citizens of Toledo may get hysterical thinking that U-Verse will automatically drop WMNT (Channel 48).

Perhaps, there will be riots due to the fact that AMC SD and HD are changing channels, and no one warned them. The people of San Antonio may do the same concerning KYVV's move to a different channel.

With U-Verse, unlike all of the other television providers whose subscribers are 100% happy with them, there is always something to complain about.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17 (914 Views)
ACE - Master

I had to do some research on KYVV because I have never heard of it.  I googled KYVV and found it's a station out of Del Rio, TX which is about 2.5 hours away.  Then I realized it does not have an HD feed so that's why I have never heard of it.  I don't venture into the SD channels much.  I wonder why SA, TX has a Del Rio channel in the first place?  That would seem "out of market" to me.

So don't count on me getting upset about anything!!!Smiley Very Happy

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 17 (904 Views)
ACE - Professor

I wonder if WMNT is one of those subchannels U-Verse has been dropping....haven't they dropped a few?

I reset my box shortly after midnight when BBCA moved and I saw they put a notification about the move AND that DVR recordings wouldn't be affected! :smiley happy: That should help the AMC fans. I wonder why AMC is moving anyway...Breaking Bad is over and don't they still show classic movies? I wonder what that means for FXM, TCM, etc.

Is Bloomberg in HD? Could this mean the coming of another HD channel? *crosses fingers*
Message 4 of 17 (888 Views)
ACE - Expert

baseballisback wrote:
I wonder if WMNT is one of those subchannels U-Verse has been dropping....haven't they dropped a few?

I reset my box shortly after midnight when BBCA moved and I saw they put a notification about the move AND that DVR recordings wouldn't be affected! :smiley happy: That should help the AMC fans. I wonder why AMC is moving anyway...Breaking Bad is over and don't they still show classic movies? I wonder what that means for FXM, TCM, etc.

Is Bloomberg in HD? Could this mean the coming of another HD channel? *crosses fingers*

U-verse hasn't dropped any subchannels.  They never carried them in the first place.

I note the number of SD AMC channels numbers dropping from 2 to 1.  Does this mean that this used to be a dual feed (East and West) that will now only be 1?

Message 5 of 17 (866 Views)
ACE - Master

BeeBeeSA wrote:

I had to do some research on KYVV because I have never heard of it.  I googled KYVV and found it's a station out of Del Rio, TX which is about 2.5 hours away.  Then I realized it does not have an HD feed so that's why I have never heard of it.  I don't venture into the SD channels much.  I wonder why SA, TX has a Del Rio channel in the first place?  That would seem "out of market" to me.

So don't count on me getting upset about anything!!!Smiley Very Happy

The city of license is indeed Del Rio.  There is an application to move the transmitter about 25 miles out of SA, to the WNW (in Northern Medina county).  This happens all of the time since the FCC cares more about wireless now (and to ensure that the AT&T's, Verizon's and such of the world make big bucks and kick some back to Uncle) and less about Radio and TV.  Many radio stations are being allowed to simply move their city of license 100-200 miles away and this is what is probably happening, here.  Wonder if KYVV has a deal with the major providers since they have an app on file with the FCC?  AND just because it's an application, doesn't mean anything.  Often an app (to the station's owners) is a go ahead to broadcast from the application facility.  The FCC used to monitor things like this, every day but they now only act unless there is a complaint.

Message 6 of 17 (843 Views)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

I'm betting the reason for the move is because of what AMC is as a channel today vs what it was a few years ago. In the past, AMC was a non-premium movie channel. Today, it's more of a hour long drama and rerun channel similar to TNT or USA. This move puts it next to these channels.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 7 of 17 (842 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

U-verse hasn't dropped any subchannels.  They never carried them in the first place.

Except for KSBW.  U-Verse shows 8.1 and 8.2.  Where there is a will, there is a way.

from Wikipedia:

The station operates the area's ABC affiliate over on its second digital subchannel. Known on-air as Central Coast ABC, in addition to over-the-air, it is offered on Comcast (channel 7), Charter (channel 7), AT&T U-verse (channel 7), Dish Network (channel 16), and DirecTV (channel 9) in most areas of the immediate region. The digital subchannel was previously used for a localized version of NBC Weather Plus.

Message 8 of 17 (839 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

On my second reading of your posting, I'm retracting what I said until I have a chance to study this further.

Message 9 of 17 (828 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

On my second reading of your posting, I'm retracting what I said until I have a chance to study this further.

Maybe AT&T should send both of us out to the Salinas/Monterey area, first class, to do a blue ribbon, fact finding, effort. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 17 (820 Views)
ACE - Expert

Including at least two complementary wine tastings. :-)

Message 11 of 17 (814 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

Including at least two complementary wine tastings. :-)

Agreed.  Looking forward to meeting you! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17 (791 Views)
ACE - Professor

I don't see Music Choice listed. Last month, they had a big announcement...I wonder if this means they'll still shift everything around. I guess we'll find out.
Message 13 of 17 (714 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

baseballisback wrote:
I don't see Music Choice listed. Last month, they had a big announcement...I wonder if this means they'll still shift everything around. I guess we'll find out.

Yes.  If it is listed in October's carriage agreements, it will not be listed again in November's (or any other month's) agreements.  Sometimes the agreements mention something that will happen four months out (for instance).  Four months later, when the change happens, we get posts about why a channel left or changed and sometimes we all scratch our heads until someone says "you remember that carriage agreement, four months ago?" Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 17 (686 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

dhascall, that's not my recollection.

I assume when a mention is dropped before the date has passed that an agreement has been reached.

Message 15 of 17 (640 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.