Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 1, 2013
6:37:34 PM
View profile
Not what we were promised & service disconnected?????

I have been an ATT customer for years and my daughter convinced me to switch to Uverse and I have had nothing but problems with billing ever since.  When I called I spoke to "Jen" i believe.  I was not going to switch due to the installation and gateway charges but was advised to hold a moment.  She came back and stated that she spoke with her supervisor who authorized her to waive the $199 fee due to being a longtime customer and never having been late on my bill.  She stated that it may take a month or two for the credit to show up but not to worry about it.  She also stated that in addition, we got to chose one of 5 free gifts.  I originally called for the phone and internet bundle at $49.95 and she advised me that I could not get that bundle but could get it for $69.46  which included all fees and taxes.  I was originally paying about $72 so I thought it would at least be a better service.  1st issue: I paid the entire month on my old bill which should have only been 4/26 through 5/6 and have not received the difference.  2nd issue:  I was billed $304.90 on the first bill.  I paid all but $222.83 which was the $199 plus the taxes which was still not what I was promised.  3rd issue:  They have now disconnected my service for not paying the $222.83 which I do not even owe.  I called and spoke to rep today and asked that they go back and listen to the recording because she says that there is no way they would have told me that and gave me a free gift. She says that they ccan't do that.  I do not appreciate being called a liar especially when I have been a customer for many years and never been late on a bill.  Now she says my bill amount is $103.45 every month.  Where did that come from.  I told her that I just wanted everything returned and to cancel and she tells me I will have to pay the $335.26 plus an additional $180 for breaking the contract plus another months bill.  WHAT contract???? I was never advised that there was a contract for a year on the internet service.

I have been an ATT customer for years and my daughter convinced me to switch to Uverse and I have had nothing but problems with billing ever since.  When I called I spoke to "Jen" i believe.  I was not going to switch due to the installation and gateway charges but was advised to hold a moment.  She came back and stated that she spoke with her supervisor who authorized her to waive the $199 fee due to being a longtime customer and never having been late on my bill.  She stated that it may take a month or two for the credit to show up but not to worry about it.  She also stated that in addition, we got to chose one of 5 free gifts.  I originally called for the phone and internet bundle at $49.95 and she advised me that I could not get that bundle but could get it for $69.46  which included all fees and taxes.  I was originally paying about $72 so I thought it would at least be a better service.  1st issue: I paid the entire month on my old bill which should have only been 4/26 through 5/6 and have not received the difference.  2nd issue:  I was billed $304.90 on the first bill.  I paid all but $222.83 which was the $199 plus the taxes which was still not what I was promised.  3rd issue:  They have now disconnected my service for not paying the $222.83 which I do not even owe.  I called and spoke to rep today and asked that they go back and listen to the recording because she says that there is no way they would have told me that and gave me a free gift. She says that they ccan't do that.  I do not appreciate being called a liar especially when I have been a customer for many years and never been late on a bill.  Now she says my bill amount is $103.45 every month.  Where did that come from.  I told her that I just wanted everything returned and to cancel and she tells me I will have to pay the $335.26 plus an additional $180 for breaking the contract plus another months bill.  WHAT contract???? I was never advised that there was a contract for a year on the internet service.

Not what we were promised & service disconnected?????

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 10:44:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you want help w/this, contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your billing and other problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

If you want help w/this, contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your billing and other problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not what we were promised & service disconnected?????

2 of 3 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 1:43:45 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Harleytntn,

Thank you for the private message. One of our managers will be looking into this and contacting you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi Harleytntn,

Thank you for the private message. One of our managers will be looking into this and contacting you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: Not what we were promised & service disconnected?????

3 of 3 (570 Views)