Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 12, 2013
8:02:59 AM
Not Happy

For 3 weeks my online gaming has went to complete garbage.  My speeds are good and ping tests are great.  I get kicked from everything xbox live, ps3, pc.  I've had 3 techs out and 4 modems replaced.  Proper port forwarding ad even dmz has been set up for the devices I try to use.  As of now a tech told me they are sending someone to replace the cards in the CO (small town of 500 people).  This morning I still have the issue and called Tier 2 and they told me that the person that will "LOOK" at the cards on Monday and if nothing seems wrong then they will start back with sending a  tech to my house.  They already ran a new line to my house.  I ran shielded cat5e from NID to a wall plate.  Line tests show good but something is happening from the CO out.  I also had a port swap to another card which happens to be the same card my brother and neighbor is on and he is having the same exact issue but we can't seem to get an answer.  I thought tier 2 were the gods among men for uverse but apparently i'm wrong.  It's just frustrating that I can't enjoy online gaming.  I'm always on call as an IT Director for a hospital and can't work remotely anymore and have to drive 30 minutes to take care of simple tasks that I normally could do from home.

For 3 weeks my online gaming has went to complete garbage.  My speeds are good and ping tests are great.  I get kicked from everything xbox live, ps3, pc.  I've had 3 techs out and 4 modems replaced.  Proper port forwarding ad even dmz has been set up for the devices I try to use.  As of now a tech told me they are sending someone to replace the cards in the CO (small town of 500 people).  This morning I still have the issue and called Tier 2 and they told me that the person that will "LOOK" at the cards on Monday and if nothing seems wrong then they will start back with sending a  tech to my house.  They already ran a new line to my house.  I ran shielded cat5e from NID to a wall plate.  Line tests show good but something is happening from the CO out.  I also had a port swap to another card which happens to be the same card my brother and neighbor is on and he is having the same exact issue but we can't seem to get an answer.  I thought tier 2 were the gods among men for uverse but apparently i'm wrong.  It's just frustrating that I can't enjoy online gaming.  I'm always on call as an IT Director for a hospital and can't work remotely anymore and have to drive 30 minutes to take care of simple tasks that I normally could do from home.

Not Happy

37 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(37)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 7:21:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Recommend that you stay in touch with David T. (DavidCS) above to be sure your problem doesn't lose focus.

Recommend that you stay in touch with David T. (DavidCS) above to be sure your problem doesn't lose focus.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not Happy

31 of 38 (166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 8:02:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

How do I stay in contact with him?  Also The CO Manager of where my CO connects to is saying there isn't any issues.  Which once again someone is dropping the ball because the whole small town has got an issue.

How do I stay in contact with him?  Also The CO Manager of where my CO connects to is saying there isn't any issues.  Which once again someone is dropping the ball because the whole small town has got an issue.

32 of 38 (156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 8:15:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:16:48 AM

Scroll back up to one of his replies, click on his name, and the click on the "Send user a Private Message" link.

Or just click on the phrase in my reply above.  Watch for a reply via the envelope icon in the upper right corner of these pages.

Scroll back up to one of his replies, click on his name, and the click on the "Send user a Private Message" link.

Or just click on the phrase in my reply above.  Watch for a reply via the envelope icon in the upper right corner of these pages.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
33 of 38 (150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 8:16:36 AM
(0)
Community Support
Edited by DavidCS on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:17:22 AM

Hi kcarpenter,

The best way to stay in touch with me is to currently keep doing what we are doing and carry the conversation over the private messaging system on the forum. If you are not receiving my team's private messages, let me know, and I will have someone from our staff look more into it. 

We are still constantly working towards identifying the issue, but sadly we do not have much data to go on currently, as you stated, the ping requests you send out are showing no latency, and the tracert results you have provided, show no issues either. Also, I have not identified any other people in your area reporting any major issues, but if definitely, let them know how to contact me on this forum, and I will be glad to answer any questions and assist them as well.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi kcarpenter,

The best way to stay in touch with me is to currently keep doing what we are doing and carry the conversation over the private messaging system on the forum. If you are not receiving my team's private messages, let me know, and I will have someone from our staff look more into it. 

We are still constantly working towards identifying the issue, but sadly we do not have much data to go on currently, as you stated, the ping requests you send out are showing no latency, and the tracert results you have provided, show no issues either. Also, I have not identified any other people in your area reporting any major issues, but if definitely, let them know how to contact me on this forum, and I will be glad to answer any questions and assist them as well.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
34 of 38 (148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:27:03 AM
(0)
Mentor

There is plenty of data that I've given to the tech and the fact that I don't have these issues going over a Verizon 4glte hotspot proves it's an ATT issue.

There is plenty of data that I've given to the tech and the fact that I don't have these issues going over a Verizon 4glte hotspot proves it's an ATT issue.

35 of 38 (134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 9:47:36 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for that information kcarpenter, I will be reaching out to these technicians for that information.

-David T

Thank you for that information kcarpenter, I will be reaching out to these technicians for that information.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

36 of 38 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 7:27:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

Something also weird maybe coincidence but with Information Technology I don't believe in coincidences but the past tonights I've had better results not great but better than I do during the day.  Any ideas as to why?

Something also weird maybe coincidence but with Information Technology I don't believe in coincidences but the past tonights I've had better results not great but better than I do during the day.  Any ideas as to why?

37 of 38 (114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 7:46:26 PM
(0)
Mentor

Its 9:46p.m. and well I guess I got to excited so ignore the last post.

Its 9:46p.m. and well I guess I got to excited so ignore the last post.

38 of 38 (96 Views)