Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 28, 2014
12:19:23 AM
View profile
Non-returned Fee for equipment returned to installer!

Before warned I have had extremely terrible past experiences with AT&T Customer Care so I will be forthright with my expectations upfront then move onto the issue at hand.   If my expectations are not met, I will cancel all services with AT&T.

Needless to say, I am extremely upset (yet again).

My past experiences with AT&T:

Back at the start of my service I had to have your company come out 3 times to do a simple install!!!!! That cost me 1.5 days of my own vacation days off from work due to AT&T's issues itself (not me) and still with no resolution!  Each time I was given a different story from your customer service department, each story contradicting each other's story I was given as to the situation and how to resolve.  I do not wish to write the entire episode down as it would take up about a couple of complete pages but in short I do not trust AT&T Customer Care.   It was finally resolved but I am including this to give you the context of where I am coming from and why I am already pretty upset about this.

Moving onto the current issue at hand........

My current issue: $150.00 charge for a "non-returned" receiver that I do not physically have to return to you.  It was picked up by the installer on the day of my recent move installation (around 2/25/2014).  I will not be paying for this charge!

At the time of install (previosu to 2/25/2014) I had 3 different wired TV receivers and a internet Wifi router from my previous place of residence.  The installer (at my new place of residence) switched out 2 of the wired TV receivers for 2 wireless TV receivers and installed a Wireless Access Point next to my Internet router.  I still have one wired TV receiver which houses the DVR unit.  

It makes NO sense for me to physically keep one of the 2 older wired TV receivers (proof is that one of the 2 wired receivers returned that day has been already checked back in!) when the installer installed 2 wireless TV receivers as replacements.  Further, I am only running 3 TVs here (1 wired, 2 wireless) not 4!  I am sure you can verify that with your technical staff.

My expectations are that this issue to be resolved and the $150.00 charge to my account to be credited back.  I also want to see written proof of this credit back to my account.  A verbal agreement for the $150.00 credit back is NOT sufficient (again due to my distrust of your company).

I have both the installer's name and phone number as well as his manager's phone number too should that be required.

Please refer to case# 321046 where I contacted your customer care and was assured I would not be charged the non-returned fee, they would look into the issue and they would resolve it.  Looks like yet another lie to me.

Before warned I have had extremely terrible past experiences with AT&T Customer Care so I will be forthright with my expectations upfront then move onto the issue at hand.   If my expectations are not met, I will cancel all services with AT&T.

Back at the start of my service I had to have your company come out 3 times to do a simple install!!!!! That cost me 1.5 days of my own vacation days off from work due to AT&T's issues itself (not me) and still with no resolution!  Each time I was given a different story from your customer service department, each story contradicting each other's story I was given as to the situation and how to resolve.  I do not wish to write the entire episode down as it would take up about a couple of complete pages but in short I do not trust AT&T Customer Care.   It was finally resolved but I am including this to give you the context of where I am coming from and why I am already pretty upset about this.

My current issue: $150.00 charge for a "non-returned" receiver that I do not physically have to return to you.  It was picked up by the installer on the day of my recent move installation (around 2/25/2014).  I will not be paying for this charge!

At the time of install (previosu to 2/25/2014) I had 3 different wired TV receivers and a internet Wifi router from my previous place of residence.  The installer (at my new place of residence) switched out 2 of the wired TV receivers for 2 wireless TV receivers and installed a Wireless Access Point next to my Internet router.  I still have one wired TV receiver which houses the DVR unit.  

It makes NO sense for me to physically keep one of the 2 older wired TV receivers (proof is that one of the 2 wired receivers returned that day has been already checked back in!) when the installer installed 2 wireless TV receivers as replacements.  Further, I am only running 3 TVs here (1 wired, 2 wireless) not 4!  I am sure you can verify that with your technical staff.

My expectations are that this issue to be resolved and the $150.00 charge to my account to be credited back.  I also want to see written proof of this credit back to my account.  A verbal agreement for the $150.00 credit back is NOT sufficient (again due to my distrust of your company).

I have both the installer's name and phone number as well as his manager's phone number too should that be required.

Please refer to case# 321046 where I contacted your customer care and was assured I would not be charged the non-returned fee, they would look into the issue and they would resolve it.  Looks like yet another lie to me.

Non-returned Fee for equipment returned to installer!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 3:27:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

madag2002 wrote:

For future reference, NEVER let a technician take equipment you don't want. They should only be taking equipment that has been replaced for not working. 

For this issue, I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

madag2002 wrote:

For future reference, NEVER let a technician take equipment you don't want. They should only be taking equipment that has been replaced for not working. 

For this issue, I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Non-returned Fee for equipment returned to installer!

2 of 5 (518 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 3:30:08 AM
(0)
Master

@madag2002 

First the installer should not have taken the equipment with him, he should have known better. AT&T equipment is taken to the UPS store and sent back that way. 

Second, since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

@madag2002 

First the installer should not have taken the equipment with him, he should have known better. AT&T equipment is taken to the UPS store and sent back that way. 

Second, since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

3 of 5 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 12:58:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have a similar concern.  I recently transferred service to my new address and yesterday I received an email threatening to charge me $150 for not returning a wireless access point.  I TRANSFERRED my service...I shouldn't have to return anything.

Similar to the previous poster's concerns, there is no accountability with people you speak with over the phone in my experience, and I'm not going to spend alot of time on hold just to be hung up on or promised something that doesn't happen.  I'm also not going to put up with threats to charge my credit card for not returning equipment that I'm currently paying for.

If this is not resolved, I will disconnect my service.

I have a similar concern.  I recently transferred service to my new address and yesterday I received an email threatening to charge me $150 for not returning a wireless access point.  I TRANSFERRED my service...I shouldn't have to return anything.

Similar to the previous poster's concerns, there is no accountability with people you speak with over the phone in my experience, and I'm not going to spend alot of time on hold just to be hung up on or promised something that doesn't happen.  I'm also not going to put up with threats to charge my credit card for not returning equipment that I'm currently paying for.

If this is not resolved, I will disconnect my service.

4 of 5 (216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2014 12:37:56 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi @MPUV555 

Please send us a message using one of the links above and one of our Social Media Care managers will be happy to help you with your issue.

Thanks,

Dmitriy 

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi @MPUV555 

Please send us a message using one of the links above and one of our Social Media Care managers will be happy to help you with your issue.

Thanks,

Dmitriy 

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (179 Views)