Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2013
12:04:24 AM
View profile
Non refundable credit fee

I've had uverse internet and TV for a few days now and I've been pretty happy about it, but until today I received a letter stating that I might be required to make a deposit to establish the service and that I might be required to pay a nonrefundable credit fee. Upon purchasing uverse I was led to believe that these fees won't be on my bill by the sales person. I was told that there weren't going to be any fees and was led to believe that if there was a credit fee then it would have already been stated prior to signing up. I felt like I was misled with the incorrect information. If the deposit and non refundable credit fee does indeed apply to me.. then what would the figures be and would I be stuck with it? Will the 30 day money back gurantee apply in this situation if I were to cancel within 30 days? Would I still have to pay the credit fee or no?

I've had uverse internet and TV for a few days now and I've been pretty happy about it, but until today I received a letter stating that I might be required to make a deposit to establish the service and that I might be required to pay a nonrefundable credit fee. Upon purchasing uverse I was led to believe that these fees won't be on my bill by the sales person. I was told that there weren't going to be any fees and was led to believe that if there was a credit fee then it would have already been stated prior to signing up. I felt like I was misled with the incorrect information. If the deposit and non refundable credit fee does indeed apply to me.. then what would the figures be and would I be stuck with it? Will the 30 day money back gurantee apply in this situation if I were to cancel within 30 days? Would I still have to pay the credit fee or no?

Non refundable credit fee

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 6:15:03 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Aug 1, 2013 at 6:24:13 AM

@legit143 wrote:

This is from the AT&T Terms of Service which can be found here http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

Advance Payments, Deposits, Fees and Limits. We may require you to make deposits or advance payments for Services, which we may use to satisfy your initial bill for Services, to offset against any unpaid balance on your account, or as otherwise set forth in these TOS or permitted by law. Interest will not be paid on advance payments or deposits unless required by law. We may require additional advance payments or deposits if we determine that the initial payment was inadequate. Upon determination solely by AT&T of satisfactory payment history or as required by law, AT&T may begin refunding of the deposit or advance payment through bill credits, cash payments, or as otherwise determined solely by AT&T. Based on your creditworthiness, a non-refundable fee may be required to establish service and we may require you to enroll, and remain enrolled, in an automatic payment or electronic funds transfer plan. We may establish additional limits and restrict service or features as we deem appropriate. If your account balance goes beyond the limit we set for you, we may immediately interrupt or suspend service until your balance is brought below the limit. Any charges you incur in excess of your limit become immediately due.

If they were going to charge you an extra fee, I think they would have requested payment prior to activating your service, but as stated above they can change their mind at any time. I've heard in the past that the non-refundable fee based on credit worthiness can be as high as $495.

Whatever they decide to charge you, I would think that "nothing due if cancelled within the first 30 days" (if that is in fact the policy) would mean nothing due, including fees.

If you want definitive answers regarding your account and what fees are being imposed, I suggest

you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

@legit143 wrote:

This is from the AT&T Terms of Service which can be found here http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

Advance Payments, Deposits, Fees and Limits. We may require you to make deposits or advance payments for Services, which we may use to satisfy your initial bill for Services, to offset against any unpaid balance on your account, or as otherwise set forth in these TOS or permitted by law. Interest will not be paid on advance payments or deposits unless required by law. We may require additional advance payments or deposits if we determine that the initial payment was inadequate. Upon determination solely by AT&T of satisfactory payment history or as required by law, AT&T may begin refunding of the deposit or advance payment through bill credits, cash payments, or as otherwise determined solely by AT&T. Based on your creditworthiness, a non-refundable fee may be required to establish service and we may require you to enroll, and remain enrolled, in an automatic payment or electronic funds transfer plan. We may establish additional limits and restrict service or features as we deem appropriate. If your account balance goes beyond the limit we set for you, we may immediately interrupt or suspend service until your balance is brought below the limit. Any charges you incur in excess of your limit become immediately due.

If they were going to charge you an extra fee, I think they would have requested payment prior to activating your service, but as stated above they can change their mind at any time. I've heard in the past that the non-refundable fee based on credit worthiness can be as high as $495.

Whatever they decide to charge you, I would think that "nothing due if cancelled within the first 30 days" (if that is in fact the policy) would mean nothing due, including fees.

If you want definitive answers regarding your account and what fees are being imposed, I suggest

you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Non refundable credit fee

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (1,061 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments