Ask a question

Posted Aug 25, 2013
11:05:46 AM
Non-receipt of returned equipment

On 6/20/13 I returned a RG to ATT.

I am now being billed for the RG as they claim non-receipt.

I am sure it was returned via USPS, but CS assure me it would have been via UPS (using an ATT return label).

If I could get hold of the original order, with a tracking number for either institution, I could at least start to track

the return shipment.

Does anyone know where I might start? 

Non-receipt of returned equipment

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 11:13:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

sidsweeney wrote:

On 6/20/13 I returned a RG to ATT.

I am now being billed for the RG as they claim non-receipt.

I am sure it was returned via USPS, but CS assure me it would have been via UPS (using an ATT return label).

If I could get hold of the original order, with a tracking number for either institution, I could at least start to track

the return shipment.

Does anyone know where I might start? 

Where did you take it:  the Post Office or the UPS store?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Non-receipt of returned equipment

2 of 15 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:29:52 PM
(0)
Tutor
I do not remember. It was a couple of months ago, and things were a little crazy right at that time. All I remember is that it was a p/p ATT return label. If I knew where to go within ATT to get the original shipping info, then I could go forward from there. In talking to CS yesterday, they are adamant that everything is returned via UPS. I feel it was USPS, but need more info to confirm that.

3 of 15 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 1:51:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

sidsweeney wrote:
I do not remember. It was a couple of months ago, and things were a little crazy right at that time. All I remember is that it was a p/p ATT return label. If I knew where to go within ATT to get the original shipping info, then I could go forward from there. In talking to CS yesterday, they are adamant that everything is returned via UPS. I feel it was USPS, but need more info to confirm that.

You SHOULD HAVE used UPS....but we've had others post on these boards that they returned equipment via the Post Office (even an ATT store!) which is the wrong thing to do....but it has been done.

If you could pinpoint a date/time and the UPS location, perhaps they (UPS) could find a receipt/routing number for you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 15 (744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 11:05:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you returned it via UPS they can look up in their system if you know an approximately when you sent it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

5 of 15 (702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 8:14:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When AT&T ships equipment, they include a USPS post paid return label.  If the customer doesn't keep the equipment long, the tendency is to use that label.  The correct thing to do, of course, is to take the equipment to a UPS store.

6 of 15 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:55:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am not sure I fully understand your reply.

The 'tendency' is to use the USPS return label? But, the correct thing to do is use the UPS system?

I had only just received the equipment when it was determined (by a field tech), that the problem was outside

of the house, and hence not equipment related.

I reboxed the equipment, and using the USPS label, returned it to ATT.

The post office accepted the box, and I made the mistake of assuming a pre-printed, pre-paid label would be 

enough to get it to where it needed to be.

ATT had sent me this gateway in early June 2013. If I was able to obtain info from that shipment (ie, USPS tracking

#/info), that could be used to determine what happened to it whilst in the USPS return system. 

7 of 15 (604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 12:26:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

AT&T wants returns of replaced equipment via the UPS route.  The sticker is supposed to be for newly recieved equipment that is damaged or something and needs to be returned immediately; I'm not 100% sure that it is ever supposed to be used for U-verse equipment, but whoever is shipping that equipment does include it.

Anyway, when you take equipment to the UPS store, UPS will give you a receipt showing you delivered it up to them.

8 of 15 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:55:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

I understand UPS will give a receipt, however, I returned the equipment via USPS.

The equipment was sent to me in early June 2013 (after the storms here in OKC). All I want to do is find out where the shipment originated (within ATT). Then a shipping number (for the return label) could be determined, and I would have something to go to the post office with.

9 of 15 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 12:42:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'm going to suggest that you click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

Include in your PM your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you.  You may want to include a link to this thread so you won't have to recover that ground (or summarize, whatever).  If anyone can help you, this group can.

10 of 15 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:35:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you.

I will get in touch via your link, and see if something cannot be resolved.

11 of 15 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 12:03:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

Should have took it to the nearest att store and got a recept in person.

12 of 15 (460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 12:06:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Since this is an account specific issue, click on the hyperlink in my sig and send a PM to Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can get this resolved for you.  Send them a PM with your info and your issue and they will be in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

13 of 15 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 12:19:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

noway89 wrote:

Should have took it to the nearest att store and got a recept in person.

You cannot return equipment to an AT&T Store.  They do not accept returned U-verse equipment.

Depending on the type of RG, it would be returned either by using a prepaid address label via USPS orby taking it to an authorized UPS locaton where you will be given a receipt.

14 of 15 (440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 1:23:33 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hi, not sure if this has been resolved but here is some info. Go to the below site, your account number is the tracking number.

returncenter.smartlabel.com/modem returns

15 of 15 (268 Views)