No specials for existing customers? Really?

Teacher

No specials for existing customers? Really?

I have everything through ATT and anytime that I have had to sign up for another year or two there has always been a special price or offering for the next 12 to 24 months.  

Why am I not seeing anything now?  I don't want to cancel and sign back up through my fiance that just seems counter productive since I work from home and I rely on the internet for everything. 

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: No specials for existing customers? Really?

Did you reach RETENTIONS, their job is to work with you...sales is for new customers.

How to reach RETENTIONS, call,request to CANCEL,work with rep, save $.

the biggest advantage to actual cancel and resigning is eligible for REWARDS card(s).
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Employee

I definitely follow mythoughts advice, call retentions. They will probably get you a pretty good deal for staying. The problem with starting a new account in someone else's name is that you have to return all your current equipment, so if you have anything saved on your DVR, it will be gone, it cannot be xfered, and you will get all new equipment. Plus, you also have to keep in mind that a credit check is done with any new customer,and depending on the result, there may be an advanced payment due.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Expert

I have gotten special pricing and promos through CS, and CC but it all depends on the willinigness and/or knowledge of the CSR you talk to when you call regular CS.  But the deals are their whether they are advertised or not.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support