Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 16, 2013
5:55:56 PM
View profile
No sound on one channel

Any thought on why I have no sound on one station on one TV, but all the other TVs have sound on that station?  Thank you!

Any thought on why I have no sound on one station on one TV, but all the other TVs have sound on that station?  Thank you!

No sound on one channel

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 6:00:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Bobbie0312 - Strange. What channel is it?
Bobbie0312 - Strange. What channel is it?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No sound on one channel

2 of 5 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 8:13:00 AM
(0)
Contributor
It's ABC. All other channels have perfect sound. And the other TV connected to Uverse has sound on that channel.
It's ABC. All other channels have perfect sound. And the other TV connected to Uverse has sound on that channel.

3 of 5 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 8:25:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Bobbie0312 - That does not provide any detail, since we do not know your location. How about some call letters and zip code/channel number?
Bobbie0312 - That does not provide any detail, since we do not know your location. How about some call letters and zip code/channel number?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (342 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 1:18:15 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by MorganCS on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:19:05 PM

Hello Bobbie0312,

Just checking up on your post. Are you still experiencing this sound issue on that one channel? If so, I would recommend tuning the box to the channel that is having the issue and launch the Troubleshoot & Resolve tool on the box. To get to this tool, simply hit "Menu" on your remote then scroll to the right over to "Help" and select "Troubleshoot & Resolve". This will launch the tool and allow you to select which service is having problems (TV, Internet, Voice) choose TV >>Sound issues >> No/Low Audio. Doing this will cause the box to run a self-diagnostic on itself and I've seen this resolve a number of strange sound issues. If this doesn't work, then I would recommend performing a reboot by unplugging the power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.

I hope this helps! Let us know if this works or not. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Bobbie0312,

Just checking up on your post. Are you still experiencing this sound issue on that one channel? If so, I would recommend tuning the box to the channel that is having the issue and launch the Troubleshoot & Resolve tool on the box. To get to this tool, simply hit "Menu" on your remote then scroll to the right over to "Help" and select "Troubleshoot & Resolve". This will launch the tool and allow you to select which service is having problems (TV, Internet, Voice) choose TV >>Sound issues >> No/Low Audio. Doing this will cause the box to run a self-diagnostic on itself and I've seen this resolve a number of strange sound issues. If this doesn't work, then I would recommend performing a reboot by unplugging the power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.

I hope this helps! Let us know if this works or not. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (319 Views)