Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 18, 2013
10:50:59 AM
View profile
No service now because you can't get my bill right

In Oct 2012, I was MADE to switch from DSL to UVerse. I cannot tell you why, as no one from AT&T ever   explained it to me. I was perfectly happy with my DSL service, had no problems, and my bill was correct and paid on time. But, there was a deadline with this switchover and my service would be off if I didn’t call in and make the switch.  When I called, I was promised no hidden fees, free equipment since they were going to need to  replace the modem, I’d get the same or better service and at the promo offer of $14.95 for one year.  Since the day UV was installed, nothing but trouble.

1. I was sent a non wireless modem, had to wait for another modem.

2. They did not sign me up for the promo offer as promised and I was being billed at $19.95. 

3. Uverse, yay!  NOT – for 5 days I had no service due to a huge UVerse outage. 

4. I was trying to get the billing situation fixed, and it was like begging them to believe me. Each month the bill looked different and there was no explanation for what I was being charged for.  In January I was charged for some kind of Gateway access fee of $100. I had never heard of that, ever!  This month my bill is $178 and I have no idea why. So I call again. I spoke with several people, who spoke with several supervisors, and I got the feeling I was being swindled and that they did not believe me, so I said “never mind, I’ll go get internet from another vendor”, because really - i am your customer not the other way around and i don't have to put up with this when YOU can't get your billing correct.  Well they put me on hold.  She came back and said they deducted the $100 Gateway fee, applied some discounts for the months I was not billed the promised rate, and now my $178 bill is only $8.30 and it would be due on March 2nd.  I was grateful, very grateful. BUT...

Wish I would have gotten it in writing, because today my service has been turned off and the system says I owe $78. I can’t get anyone on the phone because it’s a holiday (who cuts off service on a holiday anyway?) and I can do absolutely nothing unless I pay that $78. Why AT&T??? Why? 

Please stop this nonsensical, non-ethical crap with your customers… or we’ll continue to drop off like flies (as a lot of customers of yours, my friends, are doing already).  Please understand how this makes us feel. Everything is suddenly SO COMPLICATED with you guys. This is enough, seriously. I can’t spend any more time trying to get this right. I have things to do in my life and a family to care for. Please get this right, make it right, and fast.  I won't be paying that bill and I will call tomorrow for an explanation. You would think after all of this that someone would get it right and treat the customer like they were just that, the customer.    

In Oct 2012, I was MADE to switch from DSL to UVerse. I cannot tell you why, as no one from AT&T ever   explained it to me. I was perfectly happy with my DSL service, had no problems, and my bill was correct and paid on time. But, there was a deadline with this switchover and my service would be off if I didn’t call in and make the switch.  When I called, I was promised no hidden fees, free equipment since they were going to need to  replace the modem, I’d get the same or better service and at the promo offer of $14.95 for one year.  Since the day UV was installed, nothing but trouble.

1. I was sent a non wireless modem, had to wait for another modem.

2. They did not sign me up for the promo offer as promised and I was being billed at $19.95. 

3. Uverse, yay!  NOT – for 5 days I had no service due to a huge UVerse outage. 

4. I was trying to get the billing situation fixed, and it was like begging them to believe me. Each month the bill looked different and there was no explanation for what I was being charged for.  In January I was charged for some kind of Gateway access fee of $100. I had never heard of that, ever!  This month my bill is $178 and I have no idea why. So I call again. I spoke with several people, who spoke with several supervisors, and I got the feeling I was being swindled and that they did not believe me, so I said “never mind, I’ll go get internet from another vendor”, because really - i am your customer not the other way around and i don't have to put up with this when YOU can't get your billing correct.  Well they put me on hold.  She came back and said they deducted the $100 Gateway fee, applied some discounts for the months I was not billed the promised rate, and now my $178 bill is only $8.30 and it would be due on March 2nd.  I was grateful, very grateful. BUT...

Wish I would have gotten it in writing, because today my service has been turned off and the system says I owe $78. I can’t get anyone on the phone because it’s a holiday (who cuts off service on a holiday anyway?) and I can do absolutely nothing unless I pay that $78. Why AT&T??? Why? 

Please stop this nonsensical, non-ethical crap with your customers… or we’ll continue to drop off like flies (as a lot of customers of yours, my friends, are doing already).  Please understand how this makes us feel. Everything is suddenly SO COMPLICATED with you guys. This is enough, seriously. I can’t spend any more time trying to get this right. I have things to do in my life and a family to care for. Please get this right, make it right, and fast.  I won't be paying that bill and I will call tomorrow for an explanation. You would think after all of this that someone would get it right and treat the customer like they were just that, the customer.    

No service now because you can't get my bill right

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 11:01:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include yur name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include yur name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No service now because you can't get my bill right

2 of 7 (971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 12:53:00 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi

I just sent you a private message in regards to your concerns. Thanks. ^CathyW

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi

I just sent you a private message in regards to your concerns. Thanks. ^CathyW

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

3 of 7 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 2:56:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Maybe you can help me. I also had DSL which I was satisfied with. I received a letter in the mail that said I had to switch to Uverse as you would be cutting off DSL service in my area. So I upgraded in May 2013. Since then, I've been receiving 2 bills. One for phone & DSL service (which I no longer have) and another bill for Uverse. 

I've called on several occaisions to get this corrected and each time the person at AT&T tells me that its corrected. Then I continue to be charged for DSL to a total of over $200 I've been paying now for a service I no longer have.

I tried writing to AT&T and the reply from your customer service person tells me that they can't correct it and for me to call AT&T. I told them I've already called 3 times and no one will correct it. The person refers to me by my last name also which is rude. Your customer service people are very rude and treat people like garbage. 

My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if you don't fix this problem.

Maybe you can help me. I also had DSL which I was satisfied with. I received a letter in the mail that said I had to switch to Uverse as you would be cutting off DSL service in my area. So I upgraded in May 2013. Since then, I've been receiving 2 bills. One for phone & DSL service (which I no longer have) and another bill for Uverse. 

I've called on several occaisions to get this corrected and each time the person at AT&T tells me that its corrected. Then I continue to be charged for DSL to a total of over $200 I've been paying now for a service I no longer have.

I tried writing to AT&T and the reply from your customer service person tells me that they can't correct it and for me to call AT&T. I told them I've already called 3 times and no one will correct it. The person refers to me by my last name also which is rude. Your customer service people are very rude and treat people like garbage. 

My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if you don't fix this problem.

4 of 7 (624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 2:14:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tchap55 wrote:

That's definitely a strange issue.

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

tchap55 wrote:

That's definitely a strange issue.

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 3:13:53 PM
(0)
Employee

I'm not sure how this would happen as there cannot be two active services at one address, regardless if it's dsl or U-Verse. During the set up of your U-Verse account, the disconnect for your dsl service would have had to been set up in order to complete the order. I suspect the bill you are receiving the is for the phone service is you did not have the phone service switched to U-Verse phone.

I'm not sure how this would happen as there cannot be two active services at one address, regardless if it's dsl or U-Verse. During the set up of your U-Verse account, the disconnect for your dsl service would have had to been set up in order to complete the order. I suspect the bill you are receiving the is for the phone service is you did not have the phone service switched to U-Verse phone.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 6:02:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

Message from September?

Message from September?

7 of 7 (372 Views)