Helpful Links

No auto tune feature?

Contributor

No auto tune feature?

Just switched from DISH and can't seem to find an auto tune feature.  This allows you to get an on-screen reminder that a show you wanted to watch is coming on.  You could just have it remind you or automatically tune to the channel.  

It's a great feature because many times you see a program or a movie you might want to see and it's on later in the day or week - by the time that day rolls around, you may have forgotten  about it- but the handy reminder you set saves the day.  Plus you can set unlimited reminders.

Some people may say just to set the dvr but maybe I wanted to watch it at the time it was originally on.  Great simple DISH feature I'm going to miss- until I go back that is.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: No auto tune feature?

You're right, I am going to say just set the DVR.

One, the poor man's reminder feature will activate at the time of the show (the red Record light will come on.)

Two, if you're not quite ready to watch it at the very beginning, you can navigate to the recording while it is still in progress and start watching it from the beginning.  Plus, if it has commercials (or just boring parts) you can fast forward over them.  I use this tactic to watch most sporting events; when I catch up to real time, I got to the bathroom and/or get a snack.

In any case, the U-verse system doesn't have an auto-tune or reminder feature.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Master

The reminder feature is one of the few I miss from TWC.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

What Jefferson said. You could easily set a recording and then press "recorded TV" or go to channel 9999 and watch as it is recording.

With four tuners, I don't miss the reminder feature at all. Plus, since U-Verse doesn't use standard "tuners" in their boxes, a reminder feature might be impossible. The U-Verse stream is really just streaming internet video and not a traditional channel. U-Verse might be able to implement a pop-up on the screen when something is set to record, but that would get annoying.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

I also would like to see this feature - and I never had one like it, before.  BUT Comcast did let you know when you were about to have all the tuners in use and I would like the same "two minute warning" on UV.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support