No audio in channel 1025?

Tutor

No audio in channel 1025?

Since the night of the Oscars we have no audio in channel 1025 (ABC HD).  Audio in channel 25 (ABC Stdrd Def) is fine.

I called AT&T tech support about 4 weeks ago.  After asking me to plug and unplug the DVR and other similar things, I was told that the problem was with the ABC transmission and not with AT&T.

I am now having the same problem with channel 1007 (PBS HD) but not with channel 7, although in 1007 the problem is intermitent. I can't believe that two different channels have a similar transmission problem.

I live in Jacksonville Beach, FL.  Does anybody else have the same problem or am I the only one??

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: No audio in channel 1025?

Is your STB set to send HD audio to the TV in Stereo or a digital format (i.e. Dolby encoded)?  If digital, try changing it to Stereo (at least temporarily).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: No audio in channel 1025?

Thank you very much for your advice!!  The problem was that I had the audio language set to Spanish.  When I switched it to "Original Language" the problem was solved.

It shows that the AT&T Tech Support guys are not very knowledgeable, because they should have told me to look at these audio settings rather than asking me to turn the DVR ON and OFF.

Thank you again.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support