No Internet connection

Contributor

No Internet connection

I've had AT&T Uverse for two years now and have been happy with it.

This week, my 2WIRE 625 modem/wireless router just stopped working. 

The POWER button flashes green, on/off, and the WIRELESS is a steady green.

But every other button - including ETHERNET and BROADBAND - are off.

No connections have been changed and no software has been downloaded recently.

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4 (1,189 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: No Internet connection

[ Edited ]

I would try unplugging it and doing a reset.  See if it works.  What type of router is it?  We need a model number.  Should be something like NVG510, 3800HGV, etc.  That number would depend if you lease the equipment from AT&T monthly or if you had to originally buy it for your internet service.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,178 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Power needs to be solid green,so either questionable RG or questionable power supply if you know ac outlet is good.
First unplug RG, plug something else into outlet such as lamp, radio, vacuum cleaner for 15 minutesto ensure solid connection.
If have a DVR, power supply 36 watts (12 volts, 3 amps) replace RG power supply with DVR, if power light goes solid green need new power supply.
If power light continues to flash, RG issue.

Which RG?, for how long?.... if this was a purchased unit, will be buying another $100.
Unit can be shipped, you install yourself. RG purchased are 510 (adsl2}), 3600, 5031 (vdsl)
If unit is less than a year, need to send old RG back by UPS for warranty credit.

If unit is leased (3800, 3801, i38hg, 589) VDSL circuit, will be replaced at no charge.
If replacement RG shipped, will need to return original RG within 21 calendar days by UPS or will be charged.

To arrange a replacement RG by shipping or tech visit, call 1-800-288-2020 or online chat if available.

Hope this answers your questions, if can be of further service, please post again. THANKS.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (1,173 Views)
Employee

Hello FriscoFan47,

Resetting your gateway would be my recommendation as well. As Employee suggested, it is possible you have an intermittent power source. If you have your gateway connected to a power strip, it is best to use a different power outlet. I have sent you a private message in case your Residential Gateway is defective and needs replacement.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (1,137 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.