Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 13, 2013
4:35:46 PM
No FSTV, No LinkTV, No Russia Today, No Deal

Since AT&T UVerse doesn't have FSTV, LinkTV, or Russia Today channels there is no real incentive to switch from DishTV which does have those channels. From what I've been reading DishTV is much better than AT&T UVerse anyway. I wonder if those "lefty" channels are not available because the "righties" don't want dissenting political view points to be heard? They certainly have Fox channels.  No thanks!

Since AT&T UVerse doesn't have FSTV, LinkTV, or Russia Today channels there is no real incentive to switch from DishTV which does have those channels. From what I've been reading DishTV is much better than AT&T UVerse anyway. I wonder if those "lefty" channels are not available because the "righties" don't want dissenting political view points to be heard? They certainly have Fox channels.  No thanks!

No FSTV, No LinkTV, No Russia Today, No Deal

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 5:28:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Considering how those networks are consideral liberal media, you mean the lefties don't want the righties having an opinion.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Considering how those networks are consideral liberal media, you mean the lefties don't want the righties having an opinion.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No FSTV, No LinkTV, No Russia Today, No Deal

2 of 7 (808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 5:25:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Scholar
Edited by hex731 on Sep 14, 2013 at 5:28:41 AM

Sounds like you need to go with Dish and be happy. I had Dish once but that was a real nighmare.

Sounds like you need to go with Dish and be happy. I had Dish once but that was a real nighmare.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 7:35:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

NoFSTV-LinkTV-RT-NoDeal wrote:

And you are posting this because?

NoFSTV-LinkTV-RT-NoDeal wrote:

And you are posting this because?

4 of 7 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 1:02:32 PM
(0)
Mentor
Well, since the only service that shows FSTV, LinkTV, and RT is Dish, and all the other carriers all do not show those channels yet they all show Fox...even on the cheapest packages...I'd say that the righties do have way more than their fair share of right wing propaganda.
Well, since the only service that shows FSTV, LinkTV, and RT is Dish, and all the other carriers all do not show those channels yet they all show Fox...even on the cheapest packages...I'd say that the righties do have way more than their fair share of right wing propaganda.

5 of 7 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 1:56:31 PM
(0)
Guru

Maybe  "all the other carriers" show Fox because it is relatively popular and profitable, and not because of a political agenda.  Further, I believe most carriers also include MSNBC, CNN and other relatively liberal networks.  Simply having Fox alone does not mean "way more than their fair share of right wing propaganda".  While I am not particularly politically motivated in my program selection, I think there is a fair mix to choose from with most carriers, certainly the case with AT&T.  But not all providers can or will carry the same stations, and if these three are that important to you, then your choice would have to be Dish.  Since most of us on this forum are already Uverse subscribers, I (like texasguy) am a bit confused as to why you are posting this, but you are certainly entitled to post your opinions within the forum guidelines.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Maybe  "all the other carriers" show Fox because it is relatively popular and profitable, and not because of a political agenda.  Further, I believe most carriers also include MSNBC, CNN and other relatively liberal networks.  Simply having Fox alone does not mean "way more than their fair share of right wing propaganda".  While I am not particularly politically motivated in my program selection, I think there is a fair mix to choose from with most carriers, certainly the case with AT&T.  But not all providers can or will carry the same stations, and if these three are that important to you, then your choice would have to be Dish.  Since most of us on this forum are already Uverse subscribers, I (like texasguy) am a bit confused as to why you are posting this, but you are certainly entitled to post your opinions within the forum guidelines.

docbombay

6 of 7 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 10:15:47 PM
(0)
Mentor
Fox News is far right wing! MSNBC and CNN, while maybe not as right wing, are certainly not liberal..even Rachel Maddow, while pretending to be liberal, often takes non-liberal views...(even our President is not liberal by any means). But that's how they manage to get dummies to vote against their financial interests all the time...pretend to be liberal while working to push ideas and issues that hurt liberals. If AT&T UVerse and cable had nothing to be afraid of they'd provide FSTV, LinkTV, and Russia Today (RT) even at the lowest subscription rates...just like the Fox News channels. It is obvious to me that the reason they don't is it is political. Those are way more popular channels than many of the humdrum channels that are currently provided. Just look at all the junk channels. But I guess in order to impress potential subscribers you have to have large numbers of channels even though most are junk.
Fox News is far right wing! MSNBC and CNN, while maybe not as right wing, are certainly not liberal..even Rachel Maddow, while pretending to be liberal, often takes non-liberal views...(even our President is not liberal by any means). But that's how they manage to get dummies to vote against their financial interests all the time...pretend to be liberal while working to push ideas and issues that hurt liberals. If AT&T UVerse and cable had nothing to be afraid of they'd provide FSTV, LinkTV, and Russia Today (RT) even at the lowest subscription rates...just like the Fox News channels. It is obvious to me that the reason they don't is it is political. Those are way more popular channels than many of the humdrum channels that are currently provided. Just look at all the junk channels. But I guess in order to impress potential subscribers you have to have large numbers of channels even though most are junk.

7 of 7 (576 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments