New wireless receiver...Set top box does not match account settings (service started a month ago)

Contributor

New wireless receiver...Set top box does not match account settings (service started a month ago)

I have had a wireless receiver for about a moNth. Just got my tv back. Tried to set up wireless and received this message "Set top box does not match account settings" help

Message 1 of 3 (1,082 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: New wireless receiver...Set top box does not match account settings (service started a month ago

Did this receiver ever work? Or did you order a wireless receiver a month ago and just now trying to use?

Either way, your receiver is no longer assigned to your account, in receiving error message your box is not locked out and needs to be cleaned from misconfigured status before can be used. Unplug receiver, call 800 number to have set top box scrubbed clean. When told please plug box in and follow on screen instructions to activate your wireless receiver.

If Additional information needed, please post again. Thanks.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (1,068 Views)
Employee

Re: New wireless receiver...Set top box does not match account settings (service started a month ago

Hello bholbrook1003,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are having to setup your Wireless receiver now that you have your TV back. The error message you are seeing indicates it may be misconfigured in our systems or partially activated. I can help you remove any incomplete data in our systems and have you try the activation again. I have sent you a private message to gather more information and help you resolve this.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,032 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.