New to Uverse - now nothing works!

Tutor

New to Uverse - now nothing works!

Hello all,

I just upgraded to Uverse and I love the browsing speed!  My problem is that none of my streaming services (Directv, Plex, PS3) now work with my sevice (NVG589).  I have scoured the internet for solutions - I've tried port forwarding, bridging using my old wireless router, etc.  Nothing works!  I know the issue lies with my router and not the other services - they worked fine before I installed Uverse.  I'm contemplating returing to my old ISP.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)
Community Support

Re: New to Uverse - now nothing works!

Hi @papaaj1,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your internet after changing to U-verse. With your streaming services, are you getting an error, or is it just buffering a lot? If it is a buffering issue, one thing worth trying is changing the DNS address on your device to see if that will make a difference. You can try Google's DNS of 8.8.8.8.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (317 Views)
Tutor

Update:  Apparently I had a bad router.  New router installed and everything is fixed!

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)
Community Support

Hi papaaj1,

Thanks for updating us. Definitely apologies about the issues with the router, but I am glad everything is working fine now.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (300 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.