Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 22, 2013
7:28:30 AM
View profile
New to Uverse... HD questions

We just had Uverse installed yesterday, and form what i can tell, we can only stream 1 HD channel. How do i get the capability of streaming more than one HD channel. We have the total home dvr w/3 tvs.

We just had Uverse installed yesterday, and form what i can tell, we can only stream 1 HD channel. How do i get the capability of streaming more than one HD channel. We have the total home dvr w/3 tvs.

New to Uverse... HD questions

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 8:47:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First, let's see what profile you are currently on. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if if appears you may qualify for more HD streams.

First, let's see what profile you are currently on. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if if appears you may qualify for more HD streams.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New to Uverse... HD questions

2 of 9 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 6:24:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've been having trouble installing the realtime, i thought i finally got it installed because i didnt get any error messages but its still blank, but at the top say unable to connect to 2wire router.

I've been having trouble installing the realtime, i thought i finally got it installed because i didnt get any error messages but its still blank, but at the top say unable to connect to 2wire router.

3 of 9 (640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 7:00:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Look at page 5 of the UV Realtime document that was placed on your PC during the install.

Look at page 5 of the UV Realtime document that was placed on your PC during the install.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 7:02:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you are have Windows 8, see the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/UV-Realtime-on-Windows-8/m-p/3365783

If you are have Windows 8, see the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/UV-Realtime-on-Windows-8/m-p/3365783

5 of 9 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 7:19:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

Do you mean when they installed the uverse? or when I installed the UV Realtime from your link. Not sure what page 5 is.

I did find something on my tv from the menu in the system resources that says 1SD/3HD, but last night one HD show was being recorded and one was being watched on the same tv, and it wouldnt let me watch a 3rd HD from a different tv. The third tv was off.

Do you mean when they installed the uverse? or when I installed the UV Realtime from your link. Not sure what page 5 is.

I did find something on my tv from the menu in the system resources that says 1SD/3HD, but last night one HD show was being recorded and one was being watched on the same tv, and it wouldnt let me watch a 3rd HD from a different tv. The third tv was off.

6 of 9 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 7:35:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Sep 22, 2013 at 7:37:47 PM

lbigos wrote:

If you have an WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD, you can watch and/or record 3 HD programs at the same time.

When you installed the UV Realtime tool, a new directory was created under Program Files that has some documents.

By the way, if you were watching 1 HD channel while recording another HD channel, why did you state in your original message that you could only stream 1 HD channel?

lbigos wrote:

If you have an WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD, you can watch and/or record 3 HD programs at the same time.

When you installed the UV Realtime tool, a new directory was created under Program Files that has some documents.

By the way, if you were watching 1 HD channel while recording another HD channel, why did you state in your original message that you could only stream 1 HD channel?

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 3:44:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

when i orginally posted didnt know the show that had been recorded was done so in HD, so when it told me i couldnt watch HD, i didnt what the problem was. The next day is when i found this board because prior to that i didnt even know anything about the different amounts of HD streaming capabilities.

i found the page 5, i assume it was the page about having 2 routers and them causing conflict,  as far as i know i should only have 1 router, the one the tech installed for the uverse. I did have one previously for TWC, but that is gone.

when i orginally posted didnt know the show that had been recorded was done so in HD, so when it told me i couldnt watch HD, i didnt what the problem was. The next day is when i found this board because prior to that i didnt even know anything about the different amounts of HD streaming capabilities.

i found the page 5, i assume it was the page about having 2 routers and them causing conflict,  as far as i know i should only have 1 router, the one the tech installed for the uverse. I did have one previously for TWC, but that is gone.

8 of 9 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 6:50:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Sep 23, 2013 at 7:01:02 AM

lbigos wrote:

Sorry...deleted after I re-read the OPs follow-up info.

lbigos wrote:

Sorry...deleted after I re-read the OPs follow-up info.

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (557 Views)