New to Uverse... HD questions

Tutor

New to Uverse... HD questions

We just had Uverse installed yesterday, and form what i can tell, we can only stream 1 HD channel. How do i get the capability of streaming more than one HD channel. We have the total home dvr w/3 tvs.

Message 1 of 9
Expert

Re: New to Uverse... HD questions

First, let's see what profile you are currently on. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if if appears you may qualify for more HD streams.

Message 2 of 9
Tutor

I've been having trouble installing the realtime, i thought i finally got it installed because i didnt get any error messages but its still blank, but at the top say unable to connect to 2wire router.

Message 3 of 9
Expert

Look at page 5 of the UV Realtime document that was placed on your PC during the install.

Message 4 of 9
Expert

If you are have Windows 8, see the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Applications/UV-Realtime-on-Windows-8/m-p/3365783

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

Do you mean when they installed the uverse? or when I installed the UV Realtime from your link. Not sure what page 5 is.

I did find something on my tv from the menu in the system resources that says 1SD/3HD, but last night one HD show was being recorded and one was being watched on the same tv, and it wouldnt let me watch a 3rd HD from a different tv. The third tv was off.

Message 6 of 9
Expert

lbigos wrote:

Do you mean when they installed the uverse? or when I installed the UV Realtime from your link. Not sure what page 5 is.

I did find something on my tv from the menu in the system resources that says 1SD/3HD, but last night one HD show was being recorded and one was being watched on the same tv, and it wouldnt let me watch a 3rd HD from a different tv. The third tv was off. 

If you have an WAN Profile of 1 SD/3 HD, you can watch and/or record 3 HD programs at the same time.

When you installed the UV Realtime tool, a new directory was created under Program Files that has some documents.

By the way, if you were watching 1 HD channel while recording another HD channel, why did you state in your original message that you could only stream 1 HD channel?

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

when i orginally posted didnt know the show that had been recorded was done so in HD, so when it told me i couldnt watch HD, i didnt what the problem was. The next day is when i found this board because prior to that i didnt even know anything about the different amounts of HD streaming capabilities.

i found the page 5, i assume it was the page about having 2 routers and them causing conflict,  as far as i know i should only have 1 router, the one the tech installed for the uverse. I did have one previously for TWC, but that is gone.

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Master

lbigos wrote:

when i orginally posted didnt know the show that had been recorded was done so in HD, so when it told me i couldnt watch HD, i didnt what the problem was. The next day is when i found this board because prior to that i didnt even know anything about the different amounts of HD streaming capabilities.

i found the page 5, i assume it was the page about having 2 routers and them causing conflict,  as far as i know i should only have 1 router, the one the tech installed for the uverse. I did have one previously for TWC, but that is gone.

Sorry...deleted after I re-read the OPs follow-up info.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support