Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 17, 2013
1:03:42 PM
View profile
New service
I recently reacquired u-verse after canceling service and got a new package u300 upgrade from the u200 package that I already had with HD when att tech arrived service wasn't working after some time discovery was made that other techs were working on lines down the street and that why no service after getting service working another discovery was made that I no longer had HD service and tech had to turn on he said it isn't a problem and was easy to do am I now gonna be charged for HD services? I hope I certainly not especially I I previously had and and actually upgraded to a higher package!!!
I recently reacquired u-verse after canceling service and got a new package u300 upgrade from the u200 package that I already had with HD when att tech arrived service wasn't working after some time discovery was made that other techs were working on lines down the street and that why no service after getting service working another discovery was made that I no longer had HD service and tech had to turn on he said it isn't a problem and was easy to do am I now gonna be charged for HD services? I hope I certainly not especially I I previously had and and actually upgraded to a higher package!!!

New service

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 1:16:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I got lost in there somewhere.  This is what I see:

1. You used to have U-verse with U-200 and the HD-technology fee.
  2. At some point in the past you cancelled it.
  3. You since reordered U-verse with U-300 without the HD-technology fee.
  4. You had problems getting it working at installation due to techs working on the lines down the street.
  5. Once things were working, you discovered you had no HD.
  6. When you tell the tech this, he says he can turn it on "no problem."
  7. You're worried that you're going to be charged for a service you requested.

Is that about it?

I got lost in there somewhere.  This is what I see:

1. You used to have U-verse with U-200 and the HD-technology fee.
  2. At some point in the past you cancelled it.
  3. You since reordered U-verse with U-300 without the HD-technology fee.
  4. You had problems getting it working at installation due to techs working on the lines down the street.
  5. Once things were working, you discovered you had no HD.
  6. When you tell the tech this, he says he can turn it on "no problem."
  7. You're worried that you're going to be charged for a service you requested.

Is that about it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New service

2 of 10 (403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 1:26:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Jawjr2170 wrote:

A.  Yes, you will be charged the $10 a month HD fee since it is NOT part of U-300 just as it was NOT part of U-200.

B. Punctuation is your friend.

Jawjr2170 wrote:

A.  Yes, you will be charged the $10 a month HD fee since it is NOT part of U-300 just as it was NOT part of U-200.

B. Punctuation is your friend.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 1:50:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Standard rates... ufamily $59, u200 $74, u300 $89, u450 $121
Options HD $10 per month extra on ufamily, u200, u300. HD included n u450
HBO OPTION ...$26 per month on ufamily, u200, u300, included on u450

If a subscriber ordered u300, HD, HBO total $125...$4 more than u450 which includes channels not on u300.

Otherwise tv package price difference $15 per tier between ufamily, u200, u300.
Internet price difference on lower tiers is $5 between each PRO, ELITE, MAX, MAX PLUS.
Standard rates... ufamily $59, u200 $74, u300 $89, u450 $121
Options HD $10 per month extra on ufamily, u200, u300. HD included n u450
HBO OPTION ...$26 per month on ufamily, u200, u300, included on u450

If a subscriber ordered u300, HD, HBO total $125...$4 more than u450 which includes channels not on u300.

Otherwise tv package price difference $15 per tier between ufamily, u200, u300.
Internet price difference on lower tiers is $5 between each PRO, ELITE, MAX, MAX PLUS.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 10 (386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 2:25:55 AM
(0)
Contributor
I just feel like that when I ordered higher package and I currently had HD with u200 and told att rep that I had 4 HD TVs there was no disclosure that I would not continue to get HD streaming!!! This is certainly NOT FAIR in regard to cancellation and then coming right back as a customer "new" because of cancellation so the way the introduction was put since I would be new I could get MORE and pay less only 89 plus 6 for model total $95 a month to me this was deceptive since she knew my previous package had HD AND I asked her would I continue to have same service with the additional channels her reply was no WORRIES mr Willians everything is gonna be fine I have been long term att customer prior to att when it was Cingular before att made acquisition 10+ years now so I've been very loyal I again this was a little on deceptive side and you guys should not be charging me for HD since it was NOT disclosed!!!!
I just feel like that when I ordered higher package and I currently had HD with u200 and told att rep that I had 4 HD TVs there was no disclosure that I would not continue to get HD streaming!!! This is certainly NOT FAIR in regard to cancellation and then coming right back as a customer "new" because of cancellation so the way the introduction was put since I would be new I could get MORE and pay less only 89 plus 6 for model total $95 a month to me this was deceptive since she knew my previous package had HD AND I asked her would I continue to have same service with the additional channels her reply was no WORRIES mr Willians everything is gonna be fine I have been long term att customer prior to att when it was Cingular before att made acquisition 10+ years now so I've been very loyal I again this was a little on deceptive side and you guys should not be charging me for HD since it was NOT disclosed!!!!

5 of 10 (325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 4:26:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Had you NEVER reviewed your bill and saw the $10 HD fee?

Had you NEVER reviewed your bill and saw the $10 HD fee?

6 of 10 (320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 5:37:13 AM
(0)
Employee
Have you researched the website or received literature (door to door) or store front would quickly discover that all TV packages other than u450 is SD only. HD is option, need to request option if desired, then would be told your promotion price would be $105. Additional options include but not limited to Latino package international package sports package, HBO, wireless receivers, additional receivers beyond DVR.

Generally new customers have to not been a customer for at least six months, to receive new customer promotion. Your statement sounds as if did not wait six months, in effect canceled so I could get new promotion. Having 4 hdtv , telling rep of your equipment is not the same as ordering HD service, when tech was informed, tech was able to add OPTION, but it is an OPTION. You may request the removal of HD if prefer your agreed price STANDARD price of $95.

Your package as listed on website is u300, Max plus savings over regular price is $51 per month or over $610 in a year.
HD will cost $10 per month, $120 per year, still saving close to $500.

From same website, fine details, http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
HD: Access to HD service requires $10/mo. and HD Premium Tier available for an additional $7/mo. Over 190 HD channels available with upgrade to U450 and HD Premium Tier. Local HD channels vary by market.
Have you researched the website or received literature (door to door) or store front would quickly discover that all TV packages other than u450 is SD only. HD is option, need to request option if desired, then would be told your promotion price would be $105. Additional options include but not limited to Latino package international package sports package, HBO, wireless receivers, additional receivers beyond DVR.

Generally new customers have to not been a customer for at least six months, to receive new customer promotion. Your statement sounds as if did not wait six months, in effect canceled so I could get new promotion. Having 4 hdtv , telling rep of your equipment is not the same as ordering HD service, when tech was informed, tech was able to add OPTION, but it is an OPTION. You may request the removal of HD if prefer your agreed price STANDARD price of $95.

Your package as listed on website is u300, Max plus savings over regular price is $51 per month or over $610 in a year.
HD will cost $10 per month, $120 per year, still saving close to $500.

From same website, fine details, http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
HD: Access to HD service requires $10/mo. and HD Premium Tier available for an additional $7/mo. Over 190 HD channels available with upgrade to U450 and HD Premium Tier. Local HD channels vary by market.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 10 (311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 5:43:21 AM
(0)
Contributor
I had service for over 2 yrs with way beyond 6 months I csncelled service and within 4 hours reinstated as a new customer not even a single day had went by, so I had been a long time customer already this was done to keep me as a customer not sure what u don't understand this is going no where thanks for your concern I will have to take this matter up to higher chain this has been a waiste of my time and yours the facts certainly have not been researched as stated in your 6 month customer comment
I had service for over 2 yrs with way beyond 6 months I csncelled service and within 4 hours reinstated as a new customer not even a single day had went by, so I had been a long time customer already this was done to keep me as a customer not sure what u don't understand this is going no where thanks for your concern I will have to take this matter up to higher chain this has been a waiste of my time and yours the facts certainly have not been researched as stated in your 6 month customer comment

8 of 10 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 6:21:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:22:39 AM

First off, we are customers just like you.  We can only relate OUR experience and/or information.

That being said, I've had Uverse for OVER 6 years (I was one of the first).  I got HD FREE the first year as a promotion and when my year was up, I choose to pay the HD fee of $10 month. 

As stated, generally a promo is good for 6 months, sometimes a year.  So, hey, if you got HD FREE for 2 years, you're ahead of the game. 

There is a chance they will EXTEND said promo but if not, you must face reality and accept that HD is $10 month.

First off, we are customers just like you.  We can only relate OUR experience and/or information.

That being said, I've had Uverse for OVER 6 years (I was one of the first).  I got HD FREE the first year as a promotion and when my year was up, I choose to pay the HD fee of $10 month. 

As stated, generally a promo is good for 6 months, sometimes a year.  So, hey, if you got HD FREE for 2 years, you're ahead of the game. 

There is a chance they will EXTEND said promo but if not, you must face reality and accept that HD is $10 month.

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (299 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 5:08:55 PM
(0)
Employee

Jawjr2170 wrote:

What he was stating is that you have to have been without service for at least 6 months AFTER you cancel in order to be eligible for new customer promotions. The fact that you were able to get new customer promotions having only canceled 4 hours earlier is a miracle. In fact, the representative that gave you those new customer promotions could honestly be reprimanded for doing so. Also, just because you told her you had 4 HD tv's does not mean you said you wanted HD service. It could have been an oversite on the rep's part, but having to pay $10 a month for HD service when somehow you circumvented the system by getting new customer pricing, isn't that big a deal. Like somebody said earlier, PLEASE learn to use punctuation.

Jawjr2170 wrote:

What he was stating is that you have to have been without service for at least 6 months AFTER you cancel in order to be eligible for new customer promotions. The fact that you were able to get new customer promotions having only canceled 4 hours earlier is a miracle. In fact, the representative that gave you those new customer promotions could honestly be reprimanded for doing so. Also, just because you told her you had 4 HD tv's does not mean you said you wanted HD service. It could have been an oversite on the rep's part, but having to pay $10 a month for HD service when somehow you circumvented the system by getting new customer pricing, isn't that big a deal. Like somebody said earlier, PLEASE learn to use punctuation.

10 of 10 (242 Views)