Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 9, 2012
8:00:41 AM
New "Insert/edit link" feature.
Edited by Uniblurb3 on Aug 9, 2012 at 8:04:32 AM

I noticed the other day when inserting links in new posts/replies there's a new "Insert/edit link" box.

(note: box/slot ends are closed in actual image and there is no box next to "Target")

You no longer have to remove "http:" every time you insert a link/URL in the "Link URL" box which was a pain.

Also instead of giving you the option of opening the link in the current window, or selecting opening in a new window, it automatically opens the link in a new window. This is a great improvement since the default was opening the link in the current window and once you viewed the link, then closed it down, it would take you completely out of the forum.

Nice improvement and works well. Thanks!

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

I noticed the other day when inserting links in new posts/replies there's a new "Insert/edit link" box.

(note: box/slot ends are closed in actual image and there is no box next to "Target")

You no longer have to remove "http:" every time you insert a link/URL in the "Link URL" box which was a pain.

Also instead of giving you the option of opening the link in the current window, or selecting opening in a new window, it automatically opens the link in a new window. This is a great improvement since the default was opening the link in the current window and once you viewed the link, then closed it down, it would take you completely out of the forum.

Nice improvement and works well. Thanks!

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

New "Insert/edit link" feature.

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2012 1:28:45 PM
(0)
Master

Well I come to find out there isn't any new "Insert/edit link" box and my browser view was just broke! LOL.

Regardless, I still like the way it worked better for a while and now back to the same old thing. But there was a problem in when I highlighted text, to insert a link into, it wouldn't transfer it to the "Link Text" box/slot and I had to type it in.

Still think it would be an improvement if "http://" was highlighted in the "Link URL" slot, like most forums, and it would disappear when a URL was pasted in this box.

Oh well.....

Uniblurb3

Well I come to find out there isn't any new "Insert/edit link" box and my browser view was just broke! LOL.

Regardless, I still like the way it worked better for a while and now back to the same old thing. But there was a problem in when I highlighted text, to insert a link into, it wouldn't transfer it to the "Link Text" box/slot and I had to type it in.

Still think it would be an improvement if "http://" was highlighted in the "Link URL" slot, like most forums, and it would disappear when a URL was pasted in this box.

Oh well.....

Uniblurb3

Re: New "Insert/edit link" feature.

2 of 4 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 6:34:49 AM
(0)
Master

I think they should just make them all "Open in a new tab" by default, considering all browsers are tab based now. I hate having new windows popping up (I have them blocked on my browser) and you never know which way a link is gonna act, so I just right click and choose open in new tab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

I think they should just make them all "Open in a new tab" by default, considering all browsers are tab based now. I hate having new windows popping up (I have them blocked on my browser) and you never know which way a link is gonna act, so I just right click and choose open in new tab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

3 of 4 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2012 9:33:49 AM
(0)
Master

Agree CJ, makes sense, but not sure if I'm seeing the same thing. If I open up a link with FF, which was inserted in a new window, it also opens up a new tab.

Kind of ironic when you're composing a reply, and want to see the whole thread, you can click on "View discussion in a popup" under the reply box. This isn't any kind of "popup" window I'm seeing and it opens a whole new tab which is nice.

I hate opening up links in the forum which were inserted under the current default "Open in this window/frame" in the "Target" box. Then once you close the link down it takes you completely out of the forum. I find this so frustrating and often don't go back to the forum while going onto something else. Makes no sense the way they have the default set up to take you completely out of the forum since I would think they may want members sticking around the forum??

Uniblurb3

Agree CJ, makes sense, but not sure if I'm seeing the same thing. If I open up a link with FF, which was inserted in a new window, it also opens up a new tab.

Kind of ironic when you're composing a reply, and want to see the whole thread, you can click on "View discussion in a popup" under the reply box. This isn't any kind of "popup" window I'm seeing and it opens a whole new tab which is nice.

I hate opening up links in the forum which were inserted under the current default "Open in this window/frame" in the "Target" box. Then once you close the link down it takes you completely out of the forum. I find this so frustrating and often don't go back to the forum while going onto something else. Makes no sense the way they have the default set up to take you completely out of the forum since I would think they may want members sticking around the forum??

Uniblurb3

4 of 4 (939 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments