Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 15, 2014
7:28:30 AM
New phone number request now 7 days later we have no dial tone and a nob working tel,

I placed a call Tuesday, July 8th to request a new phone number that was non published.  

After many calls  and two phone number later it is Tuesday, July 22, exactly seven days later have no dial tone and a non working number.   All that we wanted was a new number that was non-published?  

I placed a call Tuesday, July 8th to request a new phone number that was non published.  

After many calls  and two phone number later it is Tuesday, July 22, exactly seven days later have no dial tone and a non working number.   All that we wanted was a new number that was non-published?  

New phone number request now 7 days later we have no dial tone and a nob working tel,

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 7:59:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Today's date is July 15, 2014 but if you haven't gotten this issue resolved click on the link below and you will be taken to a screen you can send Customer Care a PM.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service.  They can help you get this resolved.  They will probably contact you via PM as well so watch for message notifications.

http://forums.att.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/my-profile?tab=messages&noteToUserId=192773

Today's date is July 15, 2014 but if you haven't gotten this issue resolved click on the link below and you will be taken to a screen you can send Customer Care a PM.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service.  They can help you get this resolved.  They will probably contact you via PM as well so watch for message notifications.

http://forums.att.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/my-profile?tab=messages&noteToUserId=192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New phone number request now 7 days later we have no dial tone and a nob working tel,

2 of 7 (242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 2:51:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well here we are... it is 5:38 p.m.  I have no phone.  No dial tone.  I was told this issue would be resolved today. 

Last Tuesday wanted number changed and non-published.  Number was changed only when calling old number recording and 411 was giving new number information out.  The rep and i decided to change the number because the other one had got out.  A new phone number and non-published status was ordered.  Now after that order we have no dial tone?  Have not had phone service since!  Why is this such an issue?  A phone number change?  For a company as big as AT&T that employee thousands of knowledgeable people?  What is the problem? .

Well here we are... it is 5:38 p.m.  I have no phone.  No dial tone.  I was told this issue would be resolved today. 

Last Tuesday wanted number changed and non-published.  Number was changed only when calling old number recording and 411 was giving new number information out.  The rep and i decided to change the number because the other one had got out.  A new phone number and non-published status was ordered.  Now after that order we have no dial tone?  Have not had phone service since!  Why is this such an issue?  A phone number change?  For a company as big as AT&T that employee thousands of knowledgeable people?  What is the problem? .

Re: New phone number request now 7 days later we have no dial tone and a nob working tel,

3 of 7 (226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2014 12:17:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

Now day July 16, the 9th day of the issue, 3:10pm... Talked to Customer Service Department again at 8 a.m. because the person that was suppose to get back with me yesterday did not.  Today i spoke with a Rep #: AT7048.  She handled her end of the report and sent me to the Technical Department Rep #: BH3825.  He was very professional tried many things before he starting seeking assistance from another department/person?  He also did called me back to let me know they were working on the issue.  One his last call he informed me that he was turning the issue over to a rep. named Ben?  He claims that Ben will call around 7 pm tonight. He claims there is a 90% chance that the phone will be up and running today.  Let's see what tonight brings?  I will update on status tomorrow.  This is horrific.  What if i had to depend on the phone for my life?  This is not funny and very frustrated.  Smiley Sad

Now day July 16, the 9th day of the issue, 3:10pm... Talked to Customer Service Department again at 8 a.m. because the person that was suppose to get back with me yesterday did not.  Today i spoke with a Rep #: AT7048.  She handled her end of the report and sent me to the Technical Department Rep #: BH3825.  He was very professional tried many things before he starting seeking assistance from another department/person?  He also did called me back to let me know they were working on the issue.  One his last call he informed me that he was turning the issue over to a rep. named Ben?  He claims that Ben will call around 7 pm tonight. He claims there is a 90% chance that the phone will be up and running today.  Let's see what tonight brings?  I will update on status tomorrow.  This is horrific.  What if i had to depend on the phone for my life?  This is not funny and very frustrated.  Smiley Sad

4 of 7 (206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2014 2:49:13 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi 

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi 

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2014 9:23:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

FYI:  12:22 pm and still no dial tone?  Just letting you know!  Thanks for your help.

FYI:  12:22 pm and still no dial tone?  Just letting you know!  Thanks for your help.

6 of 7 (180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2014 10:20:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks to  SadathCS ATTU-verseCare the problem is resolved.  Thank you so much!  

Thanks to  SadathCS ATTU-verseCare the problem is resolved.  Thank you so much!  

7 of 7 (171 Views)