Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 11, 2013
7:24:56 AM
View profile
New modem, all lights flashing
Edited by deltasoultoad on Dec 11, 2013 at 7:27:14 AM

All the lights are flashing on my Uverse Modem. I believe it is deffective. However, tech support is sending someone to check my lines first. But a tech already checked my lines yesterday and said all were OK. How can I get them to replace modem NOW!

All the lights are flashing on my Uverse Modem. I believe it is deffective. However, tech support is sending someone to check my lines first. But a tech already checked my lines yesterday and said all were OK. How can I get them to replace modem NOW!

New modem, all lights flashing

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 7:48:04 AM
(0)
Employee
I take it this is the 510 RG, tech checking lines should have another on truck. If have signal at NID and RG location on their meter, will be able to replace RG.

Has this unit been activated, previously working, if yes should be charged $100, need to return original via UPS for $100 credit on defective unit.
If just trying to install, unit not activated (registered) tech will be able to exchange at no cost, tech will take old unit.
I take it this is the 510 RG, tech checking lines should have another on truck. If have signal at NID and RG location on their meter, will be able to replace RG.

Has this unit been activated, previously working, if yes should be charged $100, need to return original via UPS for $100 credit on defective unit.
If just trying to install, unit not activated (registered) tech will be able to exchange at no cost, tech will take old unit.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New modem, all lights flashing

2 of 3 (225 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 11:31:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

delta, if the tech that is coming to your home does not replace your RG come back here and click the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, and they can get this resolved for you.  Send thema PM with your info and the issue and someone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

delta, if the tech that is coming to your home does not replace your RG come back here and click the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, and they can get this resolved for you.  Send thema PM with your info and the issue and someone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New modem, all lights flashing

3 of 3 (209 Views)