New dvr box

Contributor

New dvr box

I acquired a dvr from my rental (tenant left it) and I'd like to utilize it as I just added a tv. When I plugged it in and hooked it up, it said the box didn't match the account settings. What should I do next?

Message 1 of 7 (373 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: New dvr box

Jdijon2000 either give it back to the tenant or take it to UPS and return it to att. It will not work until it is returned. The tenant will be billed if it is not returned.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (371 Views)
Contributor

The tenant skipped out so I have no clue where they are. There were actually several boxes left behind and I believe he installed for AT&T. I was just seeing if it's possible to add it. 

Message 3 of 7 (359 Views)
Employee

All set top boxes, receivers and dvr are ATT leased equipment, and will only function when provisioned for an ATT Uverse account. If desire a dvr (one per account) or receiver (hardwired or wireless) will need to contact by phone or chat to have one shipped or delivered assigned to your account.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (357 Views)
Employee

Hello Jdijon2000,

Any U-verse TV receiver requires a provisioned account in our systems to be able to provide service. If you would like to add a TV receiver, I can get  you a new one and ensure it activates for you. I sent you a private message to gather some account information and details about the rest of the equipment you have and help you return it to the tenant's account.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7 (325 Views)
ACE - Master

But they do make lovely doorstops.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (323 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:
But they do make lovely doorstops.

AND they used to have great night lights when an HDTV was connected!

Message 7 of 7 (310 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.