Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 1, 2013
6:34:51 PM
View profile
New dvr box

I acquired a dvr from my rental (tenant left it) and I'd like to utilize it as I just added a tv. When I plugged it in and hooked it up, it said the box didn't match the account settings. What should I do next?

I acquired a dvr from my rental (tenant left it) and I'd like to utilize it as I just added a tv. When I plugged it in and hooked it up, it said the box didn't match the account settings. What should I do next?

New dvr box

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 6:41:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Jdijon2000 either give it back to the tenant or take it to UPS and return it to att. It will not work until it is returned. The tenant will be billed if it is not returned.
Jdijon2000 either give it back to the tenant or take it to UPS and return it to att. It will not work until it is returned. The tenant will be billed if it is not returned.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New dvr box

2 of 7 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 7:11:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

The tenant skipped out so I have no clue where they are. There were actually several boxes left behind and I believe he installed for AT&T. I was just seeing if it's possible to add it. 

The tenant skipped out so I have no clue where they are. There were actually several boxes left behind and I believe he installed for AT&T. I was just seeing if it's possible to add it. 

3 of 7 (273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 7:19:44 PM
(0)
Employee
All set top boxes, receivers and dvr are ATT leased equipment, and will only function when provisioned for an ATT Uverse account. If desire a dvr (one per account) or receiver (hardwired or wireless) will need to contact by phone or chat to have one shipped or delivered assigned to your account.
All set top boxes, receivers and dvr are ATT leased equipment, and will only function when provisioned for an ATT Uverse account. If desire a dvr (one per account) or receiver (hardwired or wireless) will need to contact by phone or chat to have one shipped or delivered assigned to your account.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:37:09 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Jdijon2000,

Any U-verse TV receiver requires a provisioned account in our systems to be able to provide service. If you would like to add a TV receiver, I can get  you a new one and ensure it activates for you. I sent you a private message to gather some account information and details about the rest of the equipment you have and help you return it to the tenant's account.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Jdijon2000,

Any U-verse TV receiver requires a provisioned account in our systems to be able to provide service. If you would like to add a TV receiver, I can get  you a new one and ensure it activates for you. I sent you a private message to gather some account information and details about the rest of the equipment you have and help you return it to the tenant's account.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (239 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:38:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
But they do make lovely doorstops.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 9:30:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

AND they used to have great night lights when an HDTV was connected!

skeeterintexas wrote:

AND they used to have great night lights when an HDTV was connected!

7 of 7 (224 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments