New and Very Satisfied U-Verse Customer

Teacher

New and Very Satisfied U-Verse Customer

It has been 1 week and I am extremely satisfied. It was a hard sell to my wife to leave Charter Communications. I was so leery because of all the negativity i have seen and read online. Poor quality poor customer service etc... I have to admit my picture quality is better now then with charter. The onscreen guide is way better now. Flips through hd and sd channels faster then with charter. Caller id on tv is awesome whole house dvr is awesome. I am so glad i switched. Internet and telephone is great. I have had all 5 receivers on hd at the same time. Just sharing my positive opinion and feedback. My neighborhood just got U-Verse to it earlier this month. I hope ATT will continue to increase internet speeds we are topped out at 24 down 3 up. Kudos to ATT. I'll try to keep you all posted long term. Thanks
Message 1 of 9 (1,300 Views)
Contributor

Re: New and Very Satisfied U-Verse Customer

All I can say to you now that you've gone ahead is that I wish you better luck than I've had... this is the last post I wrote today:

Hi - just had to agree with you - This just happened to me for the 6th time since May of 2011 - I've had to replace my dvr 5 times - att can't tell me why this happens - I'm so sick and tired of losing all my programs - wish somebody could figure it out - I've also done all the resets, repluggings, unhooked wires, etc......waited for so and so minutes till hooking up again, ufix apps, troubleshooting apps, resolving tools, and on and on and on........ and to top it off, I'm paying for unused hours - the cost of my bill each month is close to $200.00 a month - I'm living on ss disability pay from month to month - I pay it because I'm a shut-in and it's my only way of hearing another voice each day - just wanted to put in my 2 cents - mmc

I really hope you don't have any problems - Geez, I would never have the guts to sign up for att if I would have read all the problem posts - keeping my fingers crossed for ya.... thunderhorse49

Message 2 of 9 (1,269 Views)
ACE - Master

kyousif wrote:
It has been 1 week and I am extremely satisfied. It was a hard sell to my wife to leave Charter Communications. I was so leery because of all the negativity i have seen and read online. Poor quality poor customer service etc... I have to admit my picture quality is better now then with charter. The onscreen guide is way better now. Flips through hd and sd channels faster then with charter. Caller id on tv is awesome whole house dvr is awesome. I am so glad i switched. Internet and telephone is great. I have had all 5 receivers on hd at the same time. Just sharing my positive opinion and feedback. My neighborhood just got U-Verse to it earlier this month. I hope ATT will continue to increase internet speeds we are topped out at 24 down 3 up. Kudos to ATT. I'll try to keep you all posted long term. Thanks

Glad to see you're very happy and satisfied with your new service and welcome.  Don't worry much too about all the nay-sayers that seem to be extremely vocal on these boards. 

I've had Uverse for over 7+ years (I was one of the first in my area) and while it has not been 100% problem free (is there a service that is?), it's been 99% problem free.  I came from TWC and never looked back.

If you have any issues or questions, please post on these boards.  We (others more so than me!) will try to help you find a solution and if we can't, we'll direct you to someone who can.

Again, welcome to the boards.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9 (1,265 Views)
Mentor

Man FrustratedWell, I'm glad somebody is happy. I'm sure not. The products, ie picture quality, number of channels, features, even Internet speed, the installer that came to the house all fine, BUT AT&T "help" is dismial, incomptent and useless beyond words in my experience.

See my story elsewhere on the torture trying to and still unable to set up my email client since 1-29-14 and nobody at AT&T having a clue in spite of the setting being exactly as they ask for. One reason they first admitted tonight (5 days after the fact) after me asking dozens of times and talking to at least 10 people, are things set up right on your end?  Oops, no I find out tonight, we set you up with your old email address, not the current  correct AT&T one.

Somebody explain to me how one of the world's biggest tech companies have "help" employees, 9 in a row that supposedly looked at my account and not until the 10th person looked did he notice they didn't change their records from my old to new email. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,234 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, billy-xwow!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent issues with your e-mail client. We would definitely appreciate the opportunity to help, so please click here to send us a detailed private message with your contact information. 

This is not the same customer care you may have worked with over the phone; this team is dedicated to handling escalations from the forums, and they will work very hard to find an acceptable resolution to your problem. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 9 (1,219 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are also extremely happy with our new services - all three of them! The TV service is amazing, the internet is whizzing along like a charm, and the home phone is fine and dandy. The one issue encountered so far is not being able to find a customer satisfaction form in which to compliment AT&T's outstanding sales rep Mary and her friendly trainee Dominique. If there is a place to formally acknowledge them - other than the customer service phone numbers, which neither of us are outgoing enough to use - we'd really appreciate someone posting a link. Thanks!

[edited for privacy]

Message 6 of 9 (1,155 Views)
Expert

Thank you for the positive post.  I have been a Uverse sub sine 07 and I am and have been very happy with it.  If you ever have man questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post here in the forum. There are many people here who can offer assistance in the form of information, resources, and suggestions.  Enjoy.

Message 7 of 9 (1,074 Views)
Teacher

same thing happen ed to me, took a week before I could use my ATT email address, reverted to comcast one and hotmail until someone finally figured it out- I could receive but not send- hours on the phone- you could tell they were reading a script, including are you sure you are tying in the correct recipiet email address- DUHHHH, I did it like 20 times to 3 different emails and even had my sister do it on her computer
Message 8 of 9 (956 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

We have had U-verse for one week now, everything works fine.  It took me a long time to change, I had Cox Cable for over 20 years.  But the bills only went one way, up and up.  I changed my phone to Ooma and because I canceled Cox they raised my price, I no longer had the "bundle", lol.  Then they raised everything almost 10% in January, who in this economy is getting 10% raises?  So I decided that I would give U-verse a try.  I live in Wichita and will no longer get all of the Shocker games because Cox has an exclusive on them.  My wife will no longer have the Hallmark channel, but she seems to still be finding things to watch.  And I will save a bunch of money this year.  I guess I will have to go through the drill next year again, fight for a good rate.  These companies are just like insurance companies, they just increase the charges all of the time for continuing customers, the new signs up get the gravy.

But the bottom line so far is that I am happy with this decision.  And the one bonus is that I will get the SEC Network in August.

Message 9 of 9 (888 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.