Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 17, 2013
8:47:00 AM
New U-Verse TV Activation, Not Getting What We Were Promised

We signed up for a deal with U-Verse TV since we already had Internet through AT&T.  The deal was 3-fold:  $200 reward card, free total DVR home for life and $30 off a month for a year.

Yesterday I noticed that our $30 off on our U-Verse TV says it's only for 6 months, and expiring in January.  This is not what I remember signing up to.  I called billing and she told me she would have to e-mail her manager who would call me back after looking into the matter.  I still have not heard anything back.  I don't see why this is so difficult to figure out.  Can someone please help?

As for the card, it's already been a month and a half and I had not heard anything about the $200 reward card.  From what I understand, within 30 days of installation you should get a letter to "redeem" your card, then wait for it to arrive.  I called the rewards center yesterday, and she said that she "processed" it for me, and it should arrive in 4-6 weeks.  Hopefully that is going to work out.  We already previously had $50 with an internet signup that was not given to us.  It was supposed to be a $100 card, but we only got a $50.  For that issue, I contacted AT&T billing chat online and was promised we would get the remaining $50 which we never got, but that's another issue.

We signed up for a deal with U-Verse TV since we already had Internet through AT&T.  The deal was 3-fold:  $200 reward card, free total DVR home for life and $30 off a month for a year.

Yesterday I noticed that our $30 off on our U-Verse TV says it's only for 6 months, and expiring in January.  This is not what I remember signing up to.  I called billing and she told me she would have to e-mail her manager who would call me back after looking into the matter.  I still have not heard anything back.  I don't see why this is so difficult to figure out.  Can someone please help?

As for the card, it's already been a month and a half and I had not heard anything about the $200 reward card.  From what I understand, within 30 days of installation you should get a letter to "redeem" your card, then wait for it to arrive.  I called the rewards center yesterday, and she said that she "processed" it for me, and it should arrive in 4-6 weeks.  Hopefully that is going to work out.  We already previously had $50 with an internet signup that was not given to us.  It was supposed to be a $100 card, but we only got a $50.  For that issue, I contacted AT&T billing chat online and was promised we would get the remaining $50 which we never got, but that's another issue.

New U-Verse TV Activation, Not Getting What We Were Promised

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 10:48:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is all account related one of the community managers will have to assist you.  One should be by in a little while.

On one note, the "total home DVR" is part of U-verse.  Once you have and pay your monthly charge for the DVR receiver the total home DVR is just part the U-verse service.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since this is all account related one of the community managers will have to assist you.  One should be by in a little while.

On one note, the "total home DVR" is part of U-verse.  Once you have and pay your monthly charge for the DVR receiver the total home DVR is just part the U-verse service.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New U-Verse TV Activation, Not Getting What We Were Promised

2 of 4 (635 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 11:47:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

I understand that part, and I'm fine with the Total Home DVR.  What I'm concerned about is only getting 6 months when it was supposed to be 1 year, and the $200 card.  Supposedly the $200 card was already handled, but I just want to confirm that.

I understand that part, and I'm fine with the Total Home DVR.  What I'm concerned about is only getting 6 months when it was supposed to be 1 year, and the $200 card.  Supposedly the $200 card was already handled, but I just want to confirm that.

3 of 4 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 12:36:03 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello schwagro, I'm sorry about the difference in expected promotions for your U-verse service. I will be glad to review your account and investigate the availability of these promotions and the reward you were offered. I have sent you a private message to gather some account details and assist you further.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello schwagro, I'm sorry about the difference in expected promotions for your U-verse service. I will be glad to review your account and investigate the availability of these promotions and the reward you were offered. I have sent you a private message to gather some account details and assist you further.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (640 Views)