New Service Set-up

Tutor

New Service Set-up

Can anyone here give me some advice on how to get my telephone service set up? I can't imagine I can do it without going through AT&T technical support, but I've tried and tried with them and remain without full service for ten days now.  I can now place and receive calls, but call forwarding does not work and any calls I don’t pick never go to voicemail.  Instead, the caller is offered the opportunity to enter a code to get into my voicemail system.  I have tried setting up things both on the phone and through the website.  Neither work.

If you have any suggestions, thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (970 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: New Service Set-up

dff1 - Sounds like your set-up got stuck. Try *98 again & see if it will complete the set-up.

If not, call in for a CSR to rebuild it for you. I saw a couple of posts that said that was what resolved it for them.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (941 Views)
Tutor

I don't have the answer but will be interested to hear it.  Can you answer a question for me?  Did AT&T provide a phone for you or did you have to purchase your own?  I ask because they connected my service to my existing phone which I have to return to Comcast.

Message 3 of 5 (880 Views)
ACE - Expert

mizging - Phones are usually customer equipment. If Comcast "gave" you a phone, I am surprised they want it back. Target and Walmart have good prices on phones.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (867 Views)

I agree with aviewer.  You should try setting up voicemail again and if that does not work, I would recommend calling AT&T to have them reset your voicemail system for you.

If you mean by call fowarding that you want your calls to be fowarded to voicemail, I will give you a link that tells you what you can try to fix this issue.  The link is http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401210&cv=814&br=BR&ct=9005532&pv=3#fbid=y30urVX9j6d

If you also want to be able forward your calls to another phone number, I will also attach that link. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401020&cv=814&br=BR&ct=9005532&pv=3#fbid=y30urVX9j6d

Message 5 of 5 (602 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.