Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 4, 2013
6:41:04 PM
View profile
New Service Set-up

Can anyone here give me some advice on how to get my telephone service set up? I can't imagine I can do it without going through AT&T technical support, but I've tried and tried with them and remain without full service for ten days now.  I can now place and receive calls, but call forwarding does not work and any calls I don’t pick never go to voicemail.  Instead, the caller is offered the opportunity to enter a code to get into my voicemail system.  I have tried setting up things both on the phone and through the website.  Neither work.

If you have any suggestions, thank you in advance.

Can anyone here give me some advice on how to get my telephone service set up? I can't imagine I can do it without going through AT&T technical support, but I've tried and tried with them and remain without full service for ten days now.  I can now place and receive calls, but call forwarding does not work and any calls I don’t pick never go to voicemail.  Instead, the caller is offered the opportunity to enter a code to get into my voicemail system.  I have tried setting up things both on the phone and through the website.  Neither work.

If you have any suggestions, thank you in advance.

New Service Set-up

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 3:47:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
dff1 - Sounds like your set-up got stuck. Try *98 again & see if it will complete the set-up.

If not, call in for a CSR to rebuild it for you. I saw a couple of posts that said that was what resolved it for them.
dff1 - Sounds like your set-up got stuck. Try *98 again & see if it will complete the set-up.

If not, call in for a CSR to rebuild it for you. I saw a couple of posts that said that was what resolved it for them.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New Service Set-up

2 of 5 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 9:58:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

I don't have the answer but will be interested to hear it.  Can you answer a question for me?  Did AT&T provide a phone for you or did you have to purchase your own?  I ask because they connected my service to my existing phone which I have to return to Comcast.

I don't have the answer but will be interested to hear it.  Can you answer a question for me?  Did AT&T provide a phone for you or did you have to purchase your own?  I ask because they connected my service to my existing phone which I have to return to Comcast.

3 of 5 (810 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 11:39:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
mizging - Phones are usually customer equipment. If Comcast "gave" you a phone, I am surprised they want it back. Target and Walmart have good prices on phones.
mizging - Phones are usually customer equipment. If Comcast "gave" you a phone, I am surprised they want it back. Target and Walmart have good prices on phones.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 9:38:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree with aviewer.  You should try setting up voicemail again and if that does not work, I would recommend calling AT&T to have them reset your voicemail system for you.

If you mean by call fowarding that you want your calls to be fowarded to voicemail, I will give you a link that tells you what you can try to fix this issue.  The link is http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401210&cv=814&br=BR&ct=9005532&pv=3#fbid=y30urVX9j6d

If you also want to be able forward your calls to another phone number, I will also attach that link. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401020&cv=814&br=BR&ct=9005532&pv=3#fbid=y30urVX9j6d

I agree with aviewer.  You should try setting up voicemail again and if that does not work, I would recommend calling AT&T to have them reset your voicemail system for you.

If you mean by call fowarding that you want your calls to be fowarded to voicemail, I will give you a link that tells you what you can try to fix this issue.  The link is http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401210&cv=814&br=BR&ct=9005532&pv=3#fbid=y30urVX9j6d

If you also want to be able forward your calls to another phone number, I will also attach that link. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401020&cv=814&br=BR&ct=9005532&pv=3#fbid=y30urVX9j6d

5 of 5 (532 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments