New STB'S

Professor

New STB'S

Did everybody get new STB's? I was just watching a video on how to hook up a new stb. Or is those new boxes just for those who had problems with the old STB's?

Message 1 of 4 (711 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: New STB'S

[ Edited ]

The only "new" STBs are the wireless ones. 

And older wired ones are only replaced if there is a problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (705 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

The newest STBs are the Cisco ISB7105 and Motorola VIP2500 wireless STBs. These come with either the Cisco VEN501 or Motorola VAP2500 wireless access point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (655 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

[ Edited ]

Other than the Motorola VIP2250 and the Cisco ISB7500, I've not seen any new DVRs.  Both models have 500 GB hard drives in them capable of storing 150 to 170 hours of HDTV programming.

I tend to classify the non-DVRs and the DVRs as both STBs since they are needed to watch uVerse TV.

Message 4 of 4 (595 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.