New Power Install, install tech said couldn't do it

Tutor

New Power Install, install tech said couldn't do it

So today I was supposed to get the new Power internet service installed.  About 20 minutes till my appointment window I get a call from the install tech and he says he couldnt install the service.  He said that the wiring in my apartment couldnt support this new service.  I find this hard to believe because I currently have a 32/5 Profile with no issues.  I am under the impression that this new service is a bonded pair install.  He said that CAT 6 or 3 is required all the way to the gateway.  My question is, is he right or can't they just use the other pair that is already coming into my apartment.  I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

TIM

Message 1 of 2 (354 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: New Power Install, install tech said couldn't do it

If he told you that then you must have the old cable that has a red, green, yellow, and black conductor and is non twisted.  This cabling probably won't work because of the crosstalk characteristics of this cable.  Twisted cable (Cat 3, Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, etc.) lowers or eliminates this crosstalk depending on the length.

So I would say he is probably correct.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.