Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 28, 2013
5:41:45 PM
New HD Channels??

I'm seeing Nuvo HD (1182), Sprout HD (1337) and FXM HD (1792)

When did these channels go live?  Was there an annoucement? 

New HD Channels??

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 6:26:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Homework_1 wrote:

AT&T announces additions, after the fact.  FXM, for instance was not shown as HD, on the AVSforum's master list.  You got a scoop!  Congrats!

Homework_1 wrote:

AT&T announces additions, after the fact.  FXM, for instance was not shown as HD, on the AVSforum's master list.  You got a scoop!  Congrats!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New HD Channels??

2 of 17 (1,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 6:36:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:40:42 PM

I was watching Miami Ink when I realized it was "NUVO TV". 

What was ch. 1182 before it was NUVO?

Edit:  I was prowling around and found this info (which I find odd):

Effective January 9, 2013, in CA and the Reno, NV, area, we will remove SyFy HD (channel 1151), Bravo HD (channel 1181), USA Network HD (channel 1124), G4 (channel 149) and Style (channel 380) and launch SyFy – West HD (channel 1152), Bravo – West HD (channel 1182), USA Network – West HD (channel 1125), G4 – West (channel 150) and Style – West (channel 381).

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/uverse-Uverse_TV_Programming/message-id...

I was watching Miami Ink when I realized it was "NUVO TV". 

What was ch. 1182 before it was NUVO?

Edit:  I was prowling around and found this info (which I find odd):

Effective January 9, 2013, in CA and the Reno, NV, area, we will remove SyFy HD (channel 1151), Bravo HD (channel 1181), USA Network HD (channel 1124), G4 (channel 149) and Style (channel 380) and launch SyFy – West HD (channel 1152), Bravo – West HD (channel 1182), USA Network – West HD (channel 1125), G4 – West (channel 150) and Style – West (channel 381).

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/uverse-Uverse_TV_Programming/message-id/97236/print-single-message/true/page/1

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 17 (1,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 8:28:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I also see BabyTV on 330.

It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD.

It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD.

4 of 17 (1,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 10:13:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

FOX Sports 1 (for one, no pun intended) should be a given for HD, as it replaces Speed on 652/1652.

baseballisback wrote:

FOX Sports 1 (for one, no pun intended) should be a given for HD, as it replaces Speed on 652/1652.

5 of 17 (1,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 8:03:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hard to pick out new content amongst the dozens(?) of shopping channels that are liberally interspersed throughout the guide...

Hard to pick out new content amongst the dozens(?) of shopping channels that are liberally interspersed throughout the guide...

6 of 17 (1,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 9:35:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

marcindublin wrote:

Those dozens of shopping channels keep your subscription costs down.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

marcindublin wrote:

Those dozens of shopping channels keep your subscription costs down.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

7 of 17 (1,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 9:54:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hide them. 

I did and forget that the little buggers are even there anymore.  *shrugs*

Hide them. 

I did and forget that the little buggers are even there anymore.  *shrugs*

8 of 17 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 12:24:48 PM
(0)
Scholar
Could BBC HD be coming keep my fingers crossed .

9 of 17 (1,043 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 1:08:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Well with Sprout now in HD I'll get to watch the squeaky chicken show in HD.  My daughter loves that show for some reason.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Well with Sprout now in HD I'll get to watch the squeaky chicken show in HD.  My daughter loves that show for some reason.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

10 of 17 (1,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 1:31:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ryan456 wrote:

Kind of a question as it's in association w/Discovery channels here in the US, all we have in HD.  It's in HD on all the other major players too. Smiley Surprised

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_America#BBC_America_HD

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Ryan456 wrote:

Kind of a question as it's in association w/Discovery channels here in the US, all we have in HD.  It's in HD on all the other major players too. Smiley Surprised

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_America#BBC_America_HD

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

11 of 17 (1,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 5:44:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

"It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD."

Speed becomes Fox Sports 1.

Fuel TV becomes Fox Sports 2.

I would guess that they will be newly located to be next to each other.

"It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD."

Speed becomes Fox Sports 1.

Fuel TV becomes Fox Sports 2.

12 of 17 (806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 6:30:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LoveHD wrote:

They are already next to each other.  Fuel is channel 651.  Speed is channel 652/1652.

LoveHD wrote:

They are already next to each other.  Fuel is channel 651.  Speed is channel 652/1652.

13 of 17 (792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 6:53:37 PM
(0)
Scholar
I never even look at non-HD channels. I wonder what Fuel/FS2 will air, if it's live sporting events, you'd have to think an HD feed is coming.
I never even look at non-HD channels. I wonder what Fuel/FS2 will air, if it's live sporting events, you'd have to think an HD feed is coming.

14 of 17 (782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 8:15:10 PM
(0)
Guru

I for  those in the "Won't somebody please think of the children" camp. You can now Start your protesting ATT posts Because Playboy HD is now on ch 953

I for  those in the "Won't somebody please think of the children" camp. You can now Start your protesting ATT posts Because Playboy HD is now on ch 953

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

15 of 17 (659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 7:31:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

siouxmoux wrote:

Hasn't it been there for a while or am I making that up?

They were doing "one month free" not too long ago.

siouxmoux wrote:

Hasn't it been there for a while or am I making that up?

They were doing "one month free" not too long ago.

16 of 17 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 9:25:51 AM
(0)
Explorer
Wait there is an HD channel that is not in the 1000's? Blasphemy!
Wait there is an HD channel that is not in the 1000's? Blasphemy!

17 of 17 (580 Views)