New HD Channels??

Mentor

New HD Channels??

I'm seeing Nuvo HD (1182), Sprout HD (1337) and FXM HD (1792)

When did these channels go live?  Was there an annoucement? 

Message 1 of 17 (1,544 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: New HD Channels??

Homework_1 wrote:

I'm seeing Nuvo HD (1182), Sprout HD (1337) and FXM HD (1792)

When did these channels go live?  Was there an annoucement? 

AT&T announces additions, after the fact.  FXM, for instance was not shown as HD, on the AVSforum's master list.  You got a scoop!  Congrats!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17 (1,531 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

I was watching Miami Ink when I realized it was "NUVO TV". 

What was ch. 1182 before it was NUVO?

Edit:  I was prowling around and found this info (which I find odd):

Effective January 9, 2013, in CA and the Reno, NV, area, we will remove SyFy HD (channel 1151), Bravo HD (channel 1181), USA Network HD (channel 1124), G4 (channel 149) and Style (channel 380) and launch SyFy – West HD (channel 1152), Bravo – West HD (channel 1182), USA Network – West HD (channel 1125), G4 – West (channel 150) and Style – West (channel 381).

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/uverse-Uverse_TV_Programming/message-id...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 17 (1,518 Views)
ACE - Professor

I also see BabyTV on 330.

It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD.
Message 4 of 17 (1,454 Views)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:
I also see BabyTV on 330.

It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD.

FOX Sports 1 (for one, no pun intended) should be a given for HD, as it replaces Speed on 652/1652.

Message 5 of 17 (1,418 Views)
Scholar

Hard to pick out new content amongst the dozens(?) of shopping channels that are liberally interspersed throughout the guide...

Message 6 of 17 (1,333 Views)
ACE - Professor

marcindublin wrote:

Hard to pick out new content amongst the dozens(?) of shopping channels that are liberally interspersed throughout the guide...

Those dozens of shopping channels keep your subscription costs down.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 7 of 17 (1,304 Views)
ACE - Master

Hide them. 

I did and forget that the little buggers are even there anymore.  *shrugs*

Message 8 of 17 (1,296 Views)
Scholar

Could BBC HD be coming keep my fingers crossed .
Message 9 of 17 (1,271 Views)
ACE - Professor

Well with Sprout now in HD I'll get to watch the squeaky chicken show in HD.  My daughter loves that show for some reason.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 10 of 17 (1,264 Views)
ACE - Expert

Ryan456 wrote:
Could BBC HD be coming keep my fingers crossed .

Kind of a question as it's in association w/Discovery channels here in the US, all we have in HD.  It's in HD on all the other major players too. Smiley Surprised

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_America#BBC_America_HD

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 11 of 17 (1,241 Views)
Scholar

"It's just a guess, but I would say that the addition of FXM HD is very good for people who want FOX Sports 1 & 2 in HD."

Speed becomes Fox Sports 1.

Fuel TV becomes Fox Sports 2.

I would guess that they will be newly located to be next to each other.

Message 12 of 17 (1,034 Views)
Expert

LoveHD wrote:

I would guess that they will be newly located to be next to each other.

They are already next to each other.  Fuel is channel 651.  Speed is channel 652/1652.

Message 13 of 17 (1,020 Views)
Scholar

I never even look at non-HD channels. I wonder what Fuel/FS2 will air, if it's live sporting events, you'd have to think an HD feed is coming.
Message 14 of 17 (1,010 Views)

I for  those in the "Won't somebody please think of the children" camp. You can now Start your protesting ATT posts Because Playboy HD is now on ch 953

Message 15 of 17 (887 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.