New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Expert

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

Message 1 of 97 (9,293 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Are the updates rolled out via regions?  I'm still on the old one, in Indianapolis.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 97 (7,538 Views)
Community Support

Hi Erhodes64,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 17 of 97 (7,510 Views)
ACE - Professor

Oh, happy day! Of course, I leave for a few days worth of vacation tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have it when I get back.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 97 (7,414 Views)
Mentor

Is anybody else having a problem with the new firmware not being pushed to their other STBs?

Message 19 of 97 (7,211 Views)
ACE - Master

Erhodes64 wrote:

Is anybody else having a problem with the new firmware not being pushed to their other STBs?

Try rebooting everything starting with the RG and then the DVR and lastly, the STBs.

Message 20 of 97 (7,191 Views)
Mentor

That didn't work either. A tech was sent out yesterday but he couldn't find anything wrong. He even replaced the DVR to see if that would push the update but it didn't. This is not a big problem since I have good service, I was just curious why the other boxes did not get the firmware update. By the way the tech I talked to and the one who was sent to my house were both great and I got a fast response from both.

Message 21 of 97 (7,113 Views)
ACE - Expert

It has been reported previously that the STBs sometimes get an update later than the DVR, so don't despair. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 22 of 97 (7,107 Views)
Mentor

still no update here in ST. LOUIS

Message 23 of 97 (7,040 Views)
Scholar

heyyofan wrote:

still no update here in ST. LOUIS

Waiting here in Ohio too

Message 24 of 97 (6,977 Views)
Employee

The software / firmware pushes are usually rolled over a period of weeks to over a month or more.

It may also be the pushes for the old boxes (silver) and the new boxes (black) are pushed at different times.

Everyone will get the update, it's just staged like this so the system monitors can catch up, and to make sure that the updates, which are tested extensively before rollout don't break when actually deployed to the millions of customers. So they push some, watch for a while to make sure all is good, then push the next stage.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 25 of 97 (6,960 Views)
Scholar

Columbus Ohio: Received the update on the DVR (VIP-2250)  last night at 1am.  Nothing yet on the STB's.

Message 26 of 97 (6,942 Views)
Mentor

my DVR has the TV2 client is 2.2.28163.20 (Release)

But nothing yet for the STB As Well

Here in ST. LOUIS

Message 27 of 97 (6,821 Views)
Mentor

Don't suppose this firmware rollout will have any corrections for digital surround audio dropouts will it?

Message 28 of 97 (6,794 Views)
Contributor

Another things i see new.
2. If you have multiple episodes in a series recorded after watching one there is a new option to "watch next episode"
3. Many different GUI changes like the icon for the fast forward and the red series recording icon.

Message 29 of 97 (6,693 Views)
Tutor

Got update in Knoxville, Tn.

The "One Button" CC still seems not to exist - only added a toggle on the Menu/System/Audio/Closed Caption - still a lot of button pushing.

Message 30 of 97 (6,667 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.