Helpful Links

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Expert

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

Message 1 of 97
Voyager

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Got it today 12:30 CDT

Can create multiple favorite lists now

New screensaver has Uverse Tips

Message 2 of 97
Expert

dogbert_2001 wrote:

Got it today 12:30 CDT

Can create multiple favorite lists now

New screensaver has Uverse Tips 

Where are you located?  Which U-verse receiver(s) do you have?

Message 3 of 97
Professor

I guess I got the new firmware sometime yesterday. I noticed that the blue light on my dvr was off yesterday when I powered down the box.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 4 of 97
Voyager

I have a Moto VIP2250 in Fort Worth, TX
Message 5 of 97
Voyager

Houston - inner loop River Oaks area. I rec'd update a couple of days ago on my DVR 2.2.28163.20 but it hasn't pushed to the set-top boxes. Tried a soft reset, didn't force update to secondary boxes. May try a hard boot. Love the changes, especially accessing CC easier, multiple favorites, and On-Demand queue; some functions are a little slower though.
Message 6 of 97
Tutor

ltubbe wrote:
Houston - inner loop River Oaks area. I rec'd update a couple of days ago on my DVR 2.2.28163.20 but it hasn't pushed to the set-top boxes. Tried a soft reset, didn't force update to secondary boxes. May try a hard boot. Love the changes, especially accessing CC easier, multiple favorites, and On-Demand queue; some functions are a little slower though.

How are you getting to favorites? There is no "view favorites" option when you hit ENTER........... Are you having to go the long way through the MENU? There is an option for "favorites lists" when you hit ENTTER, but it doesn't do anything........

Message 7 of 97
ACE - Expert

Not seen it in Greenville SC market.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 97
Tutor

I'm in KC..........

Message 9 of 97
Scholar

Yes, we received this yesterday for both the VIP 1200 STB and 2250, and everything is faster. I haven't seen any flicker while browsing the on screen guide (etc.) or had the text spontaneously change size.

The Hide channels feature is almost without delay while paging through them, plus a user can finally type in channel numbers for direct access! (To hide the advertising!)

Closed captioning access only requires pressing the Enter button to select it from the pop out menu!, but you'll still need to change the closed captioning for different languages.

Thank you so very much AT&T (and possibly subcontracted) STB software developers. Smiley Very Happy

P.S. AT&T carries the SAP audio of certain channels i.e. NOAA weather radio where and when available if you change the audio to Español!

Message 10 of 97
Mentor

How do you get the update on the other STBs. Only my DVR got it this morning.

Message 11 of 97
Scholar

ruskastud wrote:

How are you getting to favorites? There is no "view favorites" option when you hit ENTER........... Are you having to go the long way through the MENU? There is an option for "favorites lists" when you hit ENTTER, but it doesn't do anything........

There isn't any view favorites option anymore, they chaged it to Favorites list, and you don't have to go the long way around to setup any lists. Selecting the Favorites lists you created are the way to view them now. It does work when selecting a list while viewing the guide, and the selected named list is displayed when browsing using the arrow button method. The default list is MY FAVORITES.

Message 12 of 97
Scholar

Erhodes64 wrote:

How do you get the update on the other STBs. Only my DVR got it this morning.

If your STBs don't update immediately, it could happen within three hours later. Optionally you could unplug them wait 30 seconds and cold boot your STBs.

Message 13 of 97
Mentor

It's been about 5 hrs now. I did unplug the STBs and that didn't work either.

Message 14 of 97
Scholar

Erhodes64 wrote:

It's been about 5 hrs now. I did unplug the STBs and that didn't work either.

Sometimes you might have to wait up to a day before a reattempted update. You could send a private message to  ATTCustomerCare or call AT&T directly as higher level tech support has in the past have manually updated devices.

Last resort is replacement of those STBs.

Message 15 of 97
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support