New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Expert

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

Message 1 of 97 (9,294 Views)
Expert

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

My DVR rebooted earlier this evening on it's own and I figured that we got the firmware push.  The blue hd light still stays on here also.  My tv is connected with an hdmi cable.  However the blue light staying on doesn't bother me seeing that the DVR is in my living room.

Message 91 of 97 (1,129 Views)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Yes. I checked it this morning and it was back off.Smiley Surprised

Are you connected with an HDMI cable or component cables?

Hdmi

Message 92 of 97 (1,120 Views)
Voyager

Any feedback on when Uverse will fix the favorites list?  It takes more steps to get to a list than before.  I would like to see an option to set up a list as the default when hitting Guide.  Direct TV does that, should be simple.  Set up the Guide to default to a Favorites List and that list is displayed when hitting Guide.

Message 93 of 97 (911 Views)
Guru

Blue light has been gone one day after installing the 2250. Coincedence? Who knows. Perhaps the push came to Canton already.

Message 94 of 97 (844 Views)
Scholar

Re: STB firmware updates finally complete in our home

I live in metro Atlanta. My HD blue light never went out on my dvr.  My DVR is a Cisco 4320 and Iit is running TV2 client 2.2.28163.10.  One other wired STB (Cisco 330) also runs that same client and the HD light works the same as the DVR.    

For comparison my wireless STB (Cisco 7005) is running 2.2.28184.50 and the HD blue light does extinguish when the unit enters stand by. 

Is this different behavior to be expected?  

Message 95 of 97 (640 Views)
Expert

It may depend on the type of TV that the receivers are connected to and what type of connections are between the TV and the U-verse receiver.

Message 96 of 97 (627 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

All TV's are connected via HDMI.  A Panasonic TC-P42G10 is connected to the DVR.  A Vizio E-320I is connected to the other STB where the blue HD light never extinguishes.

Message 97 of 97 (561 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.