Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 23, 2013
8:04:38 PM
View profile
New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
96 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(96)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 5:33:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

My DVR rebooted earlier this evening on it's own and I figured that we got the firmware push.  The blue hd light still stays on here also.  My tv is connected with an hdmi cable.  However the blue light staying on doesn't bother me seeing that the DVR is in my living room.

My DVR rebooted earlier this evening on it's own and I figured that we got the firmware push.  The blue hd light still stays on here also.  My tv is connected with an hdmi cable.  However the blue light staying on doesn't bother me seeing that the DVR is in my living room.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

91 of 97 (1,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 5:41:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Yes. I checked it this morning and it was back off.Smiley Surprised

Are you connected with an HDMI cable or component cables?

Hdmi

texasguy37 wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Yes. I checked it this morning and it was back off.Smiley Surprised

Are you connected with an HDMI cable or component cables?

Hdmi

92 of 97 (1,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 8:51:45 AM
(0)
Voyager

Any feedback on when Uverse will fix the favorites list?  It takes more steps to get to a list than before.  I would like to see an option to set up a list as the default when hitting Guide.  Direct TV does that, should be simple.  Set up the Guide to default to a Favorites List and that list is displayed when hitting Guide.

Any feedback on when Uverse will fix the favorites list?  It takes more steps to get to a list than before.  I would like to see an option to set up a list as the default when hitting Guide.  Direct TV does that, should be simple.  Set up the Guide to default to a Favorites List and that list is displayed when hitting Guide.

93 of 97 (798 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 5:56:52 PM
(0)
Guru

Blue light has been gone one day after installing the 2250. Coincedence? Who knows. Perhaps the push came to Canton already.

Blue light has been gone one day after installing the 2250. Coincedence? Who knows. Perhaps the push came to Canton already.

94 of 97 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 5:57:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

I live in metro Atlanta. My HD blue light never went out on my dvr.  My DVR is a Cisco 4320 and Iit is running TV2 client 2.2.28163.10.  One other wired STB (Cisco 330) also runs that same client and the HD light works the same as the DVR.    

For comparison my wireless STB (Cisco 7005) is running 2.2.28184.50 and the HD blue light does extinguish when the unit enters stand by. 

Is this different behavior to be expected?  

I live in metro Atlanta. My HD blue light never went out on my dvr.  My DVR is a Cisco 4320 and Iit is running TV2 client 2.2.28163.10.  One other wired STB (Cisco 330) also runs that same client and the HD light works the same as the DVR.    

For comparison my wireless STB (Cisco 7005) is running 2.2.28184.50 and the HD blue light does extinguish when the unit enters stand by. 

Is this different behavior to be expected?  

Re: STB firmware updates finally complete in our home

95 of 97 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 6:16:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It may depend on the type of TV that the receivers are connected to and what type of connections are between the TV and the U-verse receiver.

It may depend on the type of TV that the receivers are connected to and what type of connections are between the TV and the U-verse receiver.

96 of 97 (514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 2:51:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

All TV's are connected via HDMI.  A Panasonic TC-P42G10 is connected to the DVR.  A Vizio E-320I is connected to the other STB where the blue HD light never extinguishes.

All TV's are connected via HDMI.  A Panasonic TC-P42G10 is connected to the DVR.  A Vizio E-320I is connected to the other STB where the blue HD light never extinguishes.

97 of 97 (448 Views)