New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Expert

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

Message 1 of 97 (9,305 Views)
Guru

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

What version is the new version?  My VIP1200 has version 2.2.28163.10 (RELEASE).

Message 61 of 97 (3,037 Views)

mikedamirault wrote:
@baseballisback, if Microsoft sells MR to who I heard they're selling it to, I have a bad feeling

I heard they were selling to Ericsson, the only Ericsson I know of is the cell phone manufacturer owned by Sony, and I have my issues with Sony, so if that's the case, I don't see MR going anywhere but down

Isn't AT&T well behind on the MR version anyway?

I kind of wish Apple did the STB operating systems but they don't play nicely with other companies.

Message 62 of 97 (3,040 Views)
Expert

trparky wrote:

What version is the new version?  My VIP1200 has version 2.2.28163.10 (RELEASE).

Here are the versions:

Motorola VIP 2250:   2.2.28163.20

Cisco ISB 7005:       2.2.28184.50

Motorola VIP 1200:   2.2.28163.10

Message 63 of 97 (2,998 Views)

@michail77, I agree, as a huge Apple fan myself, having an iOS (or OS X) based IPTV firmware/software would be amazing

It could open the doors for Apple TV functionality (AirPlay) or even an Apple TV as an STB (or IPTV on Macs, iDevices, or even through iTunes)

But Apple doesn't seem to be interested in the (cablesque) IPTV game

As for Apple not liking to deal with other companies, while Apple is pretty much a closed/proprietary company, they have branched out to some companies to have a larger footprint (mostly through HP), some of which include...

HP iPod
Apple printers (just rebranded HP printers)
Bell & Howell Apple II (desktop computer)
HP printers with AirPrint
Message 64 of 97 (2,979 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Finally got the update on all boxes here in Charlotte. STB's especially peppy. Much quicker response on channel changes.

Love being able to key in a channel number quickly to hide channels. Even On Demand is a bit faster.

Message 65 of 97 (2,913 Views)
Guru

Anyone know why there's a .10 difference in the versions of the firmware?

Message 66 of 97 (2,886 Views)
Employee

trparky wrote:

Anyone know why there's a .10 difference in the versions of the firmware?

There are some differences between the boxes (Sigma versus Broadcom, Moto vs Cisco, etc) the differentiation gives the system a way to select the correct version for the box.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 67 of 97 (2,881 Views)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

trparky wrote:

Here are the versions:

What about Cisco IPN4320? I guess I'll know if my blue light is out I have the new firmware.

Message 68 of 97 (2,862 Views)
Expert

blujacket wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

trparky wrote:

Here are the versions:

What about Cisco IPN4320? I guess I'll know if my blue light is out I have the new firmware.

The upgrade for all the older boxes would be 2.2.28163.10.

Message 69 of 97 (2,788 Views)

How can I find out what the new features and fixes of the update are?

If there are truly over 150 of them, I'd like to read about what they are and what they do. Anyone have a link?

Message 70 of 97 (2,762 Views)
Expert

No, there is no link or information posted.

Message 71 of 97 (2,754 Views)

Seriously?

Wow. That kinda sucks, huh?

Message 72 of 97 (2,750 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

As of yesterday, my VIP 1225 and VIP 1200 both had the 2.1 version. Both run incredibly slow, although the DVR is faster than the STB.

Should I look in to getting a newer STB (non-DVR?) If so, what model should I ask for?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 73 of 97 (2,627 Views)
Scholar

Got the update on all 4 of my boxes. Smiley Happy  I had to reboot my dvr and one of my other boxes before the blue indicator light turned off. 

Message 74 of 97 (2,501 Views)
ACE - Master

I would love LOVE to see an update / bug fix list.  Amen to that!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 75 of 97 (2,456 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.