New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Expert

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

9,532 Views
Message 1 of 97

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

I also got the DVR update on June 3, but still no STB updates.  With the guidance of TS, I've tried reboots of the boxes, DVR and RG; TS tried pushing the update to my STBs with no success; and Customer Care suggested a disaster recovery of the STBs with negative results.  So they recommended a tech visit, which was just completed.  After the tech did some testing (no problems with signal, boxes, connections, splitters, etc), he spoke with his manager and discovered that the update is being rolled out to STBs sequentially by serial number, so this explains why some have it and others don't--it apparently did not follow the DVR update directly as most other updates seem to have done.  Hope this information helps some of you.

 

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 46 of 97
Tutor

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

I live in S.E. Michigan and have not got new firmware, is the roll out still going on ?

Message 47 of 97
Tutor

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Thanks for the info. I called AT&T and told them that bringing up VOD and search was slow and they didn't even mention you could put it in list mode. The thing is you shouldn't have to put it in list mode. They made the new look and now to make it run well you have to revert to almost the old look? Bad thinking on AT&T's part unless they're going to bring out new DVR's with faster processor and graphics power? Probably not. I've been with AT&T Uverse since 07' and except for making the HD's bigger they haven't changed the DVR's or set top boxes. They're still using Windows CE 5.0 when NT code like Windows 8, RT and even Windows Phone probably would run better and be more powerful...unless thats something they're looking into?
Message 48 of 97
Expert

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers


rkegel wrote:
 Probably not. I've been with AT&T Uverse since 07' and except for making the HD's bigger they haven't changed the DVR's or set top boxes

Actually, the new 500 GB Cisco and Motorola DVR's have a different, faster chip and more memory than the older DVR's.  The increase in spread is noticable.

Message 49 of 97
Scholar

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

I'am still on 2125 here in Orlando.
Message 50 of 97
ACE - Professor

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers


rkegel wrote:
Thanks for the info. I called AT&T and told them that bringing up VOD and search was slow and they didn't even mention you could put it in list mode. The thing is you shouldn't have to put it in list mode. They made the new look and now to make it run well you have to revert to almost the old look? Bad thinking on AT&T's part unless they're going to bring out new DVR's with faster processor and graphics power? Probably not. I've been with AT&T Uverse since 07' and except for making the HD's bigger they haven't changed the DVR's or set top boxes. They're still using Windows CE 5.0 when NT code like Windows 8, RT and even Windows Phone probably would run better and be more powerful...unless thats something they're looking into?

 

From what I heard, Microsoft is about to sell their software that runs the boxes...something like that. Hopefully this means major improvements over the next year or so.

 

To be honest, I have no idea why they changed it either.

 

FWIW, as of Saturday, I was still on 2.1 in Ohio.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 97

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Finally last night we got the latest firmware. Was SF Bay Area market the last ones to get the firmware att

Message 52 of 97
Scholar

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers


siouxmoux wrote:

Finally last night we got the latest firmware. Was SF Bay Area market the last ones to get the firmware att


Still waiting for the update here in Ohio

Message 53 of 97
Scholar

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Finally got the latest firmware 2.2.281 blue light turns off when in standby and 4x3 stretch seems fix and things feel a bit smoother...

Just wish favorites list stays enabled and not revert back to defualt all channel listing when you exit from the guide.

Also Ondemand needs to update some of their programming .NBC ondemand is a month behind with programming (AGT).
Message 54 of 97
Guru

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

My VIP2250 DVR has the new software version but my VIP1200 STB doesn't.  Weird.

Message 55 of 97
ACE - Expert

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

trparky - Here is a guess - The DVR (2250) software can work with both versions on the STB interface. The STB (1200( only works with the new software on the DVR interface. For seamless operation during the transition the DVR is upgraded first & the STB is upgraded in a subsequent cycle.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 56 of 97

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

@baseballisback, if Microsoft sells MR to who I heard they're selling it to, I have a bad feeling

I heard they were selling to Ericsson, the only Ericsson I know of is the cell phone manufacturer owned by Sony, and I have my issues with Sony, so if that's the case, I don't see MR going anywhere but down
Message 57 of 97
ACE - Expert

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

I looked up the Ericsson web site & it says they divested of Sony Ericsson in 2012.
Also, in 2012 Ericsson acquired Telcordia Technologies(previously Bellcore, previously part of AT&T Bell Labs) that is a major software supplier to att Verizon & others.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 58 of 97
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers


mikedamirault wrote:
@baseballisback, if Microsoft sells MR to who I heard they're selling it to, I have a bad feeling

I heard they were selling to Ericsson, the only Ericsson I know of is the cell phone manufacturer owned by Sony, and I have my issues with Sony, so if that's the case, I don't see MR going anywhere but down

Check out these links:

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/46891/ericsson-plans-to-develop-next-gen-iptv-platform-following-medi...

http://resources.made-in-china.com/article/industry-view/zJxnVhjrFQiU/Microsoft-Sells-IPTV-Platform-...

 

Ericsson has made a number of acqusitions in the TV/Video area and have a multiroom solution they'll integrate w/MediaRoom. Smiley Wink

 

Chris


Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 59 of 97
Mentor

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Still awaiting any firmware update at all in S.E. Michigan, DVR VIP1225 and STBs VIP1200s.

Message 60 of 97
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support