Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 23, 2013
8:04:38 PM
View profile
New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

Apparently, a new firmware version is being pushed out to all U-verse TV users.  According to the discussion on dslreports.com, one of the issues addressed is the infamous "blue light" issue.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28315854-New-Set-Top-Box-firmware-rollout?r=614#28317898

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

96 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(96)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2013 10:48:41 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by dogbert_2001 on May 23, 2013 at 10:53:55 PM

Got it today 12:30 CDT

Can create multiple favorite lists now

New screensaver has Uverse Tips

Re: New Firmware Push to U-verse Receivers

[ Edited ]
2 of 97 (7,830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2013 2:37:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dogbert_2001 wrote:

Where are you located?  Which U-verse receiver(s) do you have?

dogbert_2001 wrote:

Where are you located?  Which U-verse receiver(s) do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 97 (7,803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2013 3:30:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I guess I got the new firmware sometime yesterday. I noticed that the blue light on my dvr was off yesterday when I powered down the box.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

I guess I got the new firmware sometime yesterday. I noticed that the blue light on my dvr was off yesterday when I powered down the box.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

4 of 97 (7,796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2013 6:57:35 AM
(0)
Voyager
I have a Moto VIP2250 in Fort Worth, TX
I have a Moto VIP2250 in Fort Worth, TX

5 of 97 (7,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2013 4:50:13 PM
(0)
Voyager
Houston - inner loop River Oaks area. I rec'd update a couple of days ago on my DVR 2.2.28163.20 but it hasn't pushed to the set-top boxes. Tried a soft reset, didn't force update to secondary boxes. May try a hard boot. Love the changes, especially accessing CC easier, multiple favorites, and On-Demand queue; some functions are a little slower though.
Houston - inner loop River Oaks area. I rec'd update a couple of days ago on my DVR 2.2.28163.20 but it hasn't pushed to the set-top boxes. Tried a soft reset, didn't force update to secondary boxes. May try a hard boot. Love the changes, especially accessing CC easier, multiple favorites, and On-Demand queue; some functions are a little slower though.

6 of 97 (7,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 6:42:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

ltubbe wrote:

How are you getting to favorites? There is no "view favorites" option when you hit ENTER........... Are you having to go the long way through the MENU? There is an option for "favorites lists" when you hit ENTTER, but it doesn't do anything........

ltubbe wrote:

How are you getting to favorites? There is no "view favorites" option when you hit ENTER........... Are you having to go the long way through the MENU? There is an option for "favorites lists" when you hit ENTTER, but it doesn't do anything........

7 of 97 (7,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 6:06:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Not seen it in Greenville SC market.
Not seen it in Greenville SC market.

8 of 97 (7,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 6:48:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm in KC..........

I'm in KC..........

9 of 97 (7,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 11:47:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yes, we received this yesterday for both the VIP 1200 STB and 2250, and everything is faster. I haven't seen any flicker while browsing the on screen guide (etc.) or had the text spontaneously change size.

The Hide channels feature is almost without delay while paging through them, plus a user can finally type in channel numbers for direct access! (To hide the advertising!)

Closed captioning access only requires pressing the Enter button to select it from the pop out menu!, but you'll still need to change the closed captioning for different languages.

Thank you so very much AT&T (and possibly subcontracted) STB software developers. Smiley Very Happy

P.S. AT&T carries the SAP audio of certain channels i.e. NOAA weather radio where and when available if you change the audio to Español!

Yes, we received this yesterday for both the VIP 1200 STB and 2250, and everything is faster. I haven't seen any flicker while browsing the on screen guide (etc.) or had the text spontaneously change size.

The Hide channels feature is almost without delay while paging through them, plus a user can finally type in channel numbers for direct access! (To hide the advertising!)

Closed captioning access only requires pressing the Enter button to select it from the pop out menu!, but you'll still need to change the closed captioning for different languages.

Thank you so very much AT&T (and possibly subcontracted) STB software developers. Smiley Very Happy

P.S. AT&T carries the SAP audio of certain channels i.e. NOAA weather radio where and when available if you change the audio to Español!

10 of 97 (7,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 12:49:26 PM
(0)
Adventurer

How do you get the update on the other STBs. Only my DVR got it this morning.

11 of 97 (7,267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 12:51:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

ruskastud wrote:

There isn't any view favorites option anymore, they chaged it to Favorites list, and you don't have to go the long way around to setup any lists. Selecting the Favorites lists you created are the way to view them now. It does work when selecting a list while viewing the guide, and the selected named list is displayed when browsing using the arrow button method. The default list is MY FAVORITES.

ruskastud wrote:

There isn't any view favorites option anymore, they chaged it to Favorites list, and you don't have to go the long way around to setup any lists. Selecting the Favorites lists you created are the way to view them now. It does work when selecting a list while viewing the guide, and the selected named list is displayed when browsing using the arrow button method. The default list is MY FAVORITES.

12 of 97 (7,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 12:57:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

Erhodes64 wrote:

If your STBs don't update immediately, it could happen within three hours later. Optionally you could unplug them wait 30 seconds and cold boot your STBs.

Erhodes64 wrote:

If your STBs don't update immediately, it could happen within three hours later. Optionally you could unplug them wait 30 seconds and cold boot your STBs.

13 of 97 (7,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 1:04:00 PM
(0)
Adventurer

It's been about 5 hrs now. I did unplug the STBs and that didn't work either.

14 of 97 (7,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 5:16:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

Erhodes64 wrote:

Sometimes you might have to wait up to a day before a reattempted update. You could send a private message to  ATTCustomerCare or call AT&T directly as higher level tech support has in the past have manually updated devices.

Last resort is replacement of those STBs.

Erhodes64 wrote:

Sometimes you might have to wait up to a day before a reattempted update. You could send a private message to  ATTCustomerCare or call AT&T directly as higher level tech support has in the past have manually updated devices.

Last resort is replacement of those STBs.

15 of 97 (7,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 8:30:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Are the updates rolled out via regions?  I'm still on the old one, in Indianapolis.

Are the updates rolled out via regions?  I'm still on the old one, in Indianapolis.

16 of 97 (7,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 10:23:10 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Erhodes64,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi Erhodes64,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

17 of 97 (7,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 4:10:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Oh, happy day! Of course, I leave for a few days worth of vacation tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have it when I get back.
Oh, happy day! Of course, I leave for a few days worth of vacation tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have it when I get back.

18 of 97 (6,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 5:27:12 PM
(0)
Adventurer

Is anybody else having a problem with the new firmware not being pushed to their other STBs?

Is anybody else having a problem with the new firmware not being pushed to their other STBs?

19 of 97 (6,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 6:49:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Erhodes64 wrote:

Try rebooting everything starting with the RG and then the DVR and lastly, the STBs.

Erhodes64 wrote:

Try rebooting everything starting with the RG and then the DVR and lastly, the STBs.

20 of 97 (6,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 10:49:59 AM
(0)
Adventurer

That didn't work either. A tech was sent out yesterday but he couldn't find anything wrong. He even replaced the DVR to see if that would push the update but it didn't. This is not a big problem since I have good service, I was just curious why the other boxes did not get the firmware update. By the way the tech I talked to and the one who was sent to my house were both great and I got a fast response from both.

That didn't work either. A tech was sent out yesterday but he couldn't find anything wrong. He even replaced the DVR to see if that would push the update but it didn't. This is not a big problem since I have good service, I was just curious why the other boxes did not get the firmware update. By the way the tech I talked to and the one who was sent to my house were both great and I got a fast response from both.

21 of 97 (6,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 11:03:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It has been reported previously that the STBs sometimes get an update later than the DVR, so don't despair. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

It has been reported previously that the STBs sometimes get an update later than the DVR, so don't despair. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

22 of 97 (6,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 5:47:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

still no update here in ST. LOUIS

23 of 97 (6,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 6:45:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

heyyofan wrote:

Waiting here in Ohio too

heyyofan wrote:

Waiting here in Ohio too

24 of 97 (6,525 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 7:44:28 AM
(0)
Employee
The software / firmware pushes are usually rolled over a period of weeks to over a month or more.

It may also be the pushes for the old boxes (silver) and the new boxes (black) are pushed at different times.

Everyone will get the update, it's just staged like this so the system monitors can catch up, and to make sure that the updates, which are tested extensively before rollout don't break when actually deployed to the millions of customers. So they push some, watch for a while to make sure all is good, then push the next stage.
The software / firmware pushes are usually rolled over a period of weeks to over a month or more.

It may also be the pushes for the old boxes (silver) and the new boxes (black) are pushed at different times.

Everyone will get the update, it's just staged like this so the system monitors can catch up, and to make sure that the updates, which are tested extensively before rollout don't break when actually deployed to the millions of customers. So they push some, watch for a while to make sure all is good, then push the next stage.
Sent from my phone.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

25 of 97 (6,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 9:10:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

Columbus Ohio: Received the update on the DVR (VIP-2250)  last night at 1am.  Nothing yet on the STB's.

Columbus Ohio: Received the update on the DVR (VIP-2250)  last night at 1am.  Nothing yet on the STB's.

26 of 97 (6,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 8:20:15 AM
(0)
Mentor

my DVR has the TV2 client is 2.2.28163.20 (Release)

But nothing yet for the STB As Well

Here in ST. LOUIS

my DVR has the TV2 client is 2.2.28163.20 (Release)

But nothing yet for the STB As Well

Here in ST. LOUIS

27 of 97 (6,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 10:41:33 AM
(0)
Mentor

Don't suppose this firmware rollout will have any corrections for digital surround audio dropouts will it?

Don't suppose this firmware rollout will have any corrections for digital surround audio dropouts will it?

28 of 97 (6,342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2013 9:44:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Another things i see new.
2. If you have multiple episodes in a series recorded after watching one there is a new option to "watch next episode"
3. Many different GUI changes like the icon for the fast forward and the red series recording icon.

Another things i see new.
2. If you have multiple episodes in a series recorded after watching one there is a new option to "watch next episode"
3. Many different GUI changes like the icon for the fast forward and the red series recording icon.

29 of 97 (6,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2013 6:23:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Got update in Knoxville, Tn.

The "One Button" CC still seems not to exist - only added a toggle on the Menu/System/Audio/Closed Caption - still a lot of button pushing.

Got update in Knoxville, Tn.

The "One Button" CC still seems not to exist - only added a toggle on the Menu/System/Audio/Closed Caption - still a lot of button pushing.

30 of 97 (6,215 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments