New Feature Request: Wake-up or Alarm Clock

Tutor

New Feature Request: Wake-up or Alarm Clock

Every other Cable TV service that I have used in the past has offered a "Wake-up" (or an alarm clock) feature.  Please add this new feature to the AT&T U-Verse cable boxes. It's great to be able to wake up to the weather, news, or music channel.

Currently my TV has a wake-up (or alarm clock) feature, but the cable box does not have it, so TV turns on, but the cable box doesn't.

Great options would be to be able to set up multiple alarm clocks that have configurable:

1. Set the wake-up for specific time,

2. Set turn off at specific time

3. A choice of whether to do it every day, weekdays, or weekends, or particular days of the week

4. Channel # to wake up on

Message 1 of 14 (2,392 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: New Feature Request: Wake-up or Alarm Clock

AFAIK, Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon do not have that feature. 

Personally, beyond the reminder screen that TWC offers, I've never heard of it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14 (2,388 Views)
Tutor

CableVision, Optimum, Dish have it. Maybe I was just lucky to have been a subscriber to the ones that have it.

To the point -- it shouldn't be a bid geal to code, and it's an awesome feature.

Message 3 of 14 (2,379 Views)
ACE - Master

I still use the 'ol alarm clock........Works good and lasts a long time.........

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 14 (2,377 Views)
Tutor

Don;t be a smartie, remove "resolved" flag -- and don't bother commenting unless you have something thoughtful to offer.

Message 5 of 14 (2,358 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Thoughtful? Like calling someone a 'tard' on PM?
Message 6 of 14 (2,355 Views)
ACE - Professor

abiloukha wrote:

Every other Cable TV service that I have used in the past has offered a "Wake-up" (or an alarm clock) feature.  Please add this new feature to the AT&T U-Verse cable boxes. It's great to be able to wake up to the weather, news, or music channel.

Currently my TV has a wake-up (or alarm clock) feature, but the cable box does not have it, so TV turns on, but the cable box doesn't.

Great options would be to be able to set up multiple alarm clocks that have configurable:

1. Set the wake-up for specific time,

2. Set turn off at specific time

3. A choice of whether to do it every day, weekdays, or weekends, or particular days of the week

4. Channel # to wake up on

Why can't you leave the box on and set the alarm on your TV?

Message 7 of 14 (2,328 Views)

MicCheck wrote:

Probably because then you have to remember to leave the cable box tuned to the right channel before you go to bed.

However, that may be the only solution for the moment.  I think a number of people have asked for the ability to set up a box to switch to a particular channel at a particular time, but nothing has been done about it (assuming it is even possible with the hardware).

Message 8 of 14 (2,280 Views)
ACE - Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

MicCheck wrote:

Probably because then you have to remember to leave the cable box tuned to the right channel before you go to bed.

However, that may be the only solution for the moment.  I think a number of people have asked for the ability to set up a box to switch to a particular channel at a particular time, but nothing has been done about it (assuming it is even possible with the hardware).

Sure, but I don't see how that's anymore onerous than having to turn the TV and cable box off before going to bed.

I know it's not exactly what OP wanted, but it should fit his/her needs.

Message 9 of 14 (2,263 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

That Don Guy wrote:

MicCheck wrote:

That would only work if the box was turned on less than 8 hours beforehand - if not, all you will get is a splash screen to press OK. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14 (2,235 Views)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

That Don Guy wrote:

MicCheck wrote:

That would only work if the box was turned on less than 8 hours beforehand - if not, all you will get is a splash screen to press OK. Smiley Happy

Good point.

Message 11 of 14 (2,206 Views)
Tutor

Just wonder if anyone from AT&T has read/actioned this, is this feature in the software dev team's queue, or what have you...

Message 12 of 14 (1,857 Views)

abiloukha wrote:

Just wonder if anyone from AT&T has read/actioned this, is this feature in the software dev team's queue, or what have you...

seriously doubt it.  Most people have an alarm clock and/or cell phone with an alarm clock.  I don't need one on my cable box.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 13 of 14 (1,823 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:

abiloukha wrote:

seriously doubt it.  Most people have an alarm clock and/or cell phone with an alarm clock.  I don't need one on my cable box.

OUFan: Right but does your smartphone or alarm clock turn on the TV? Smiley Very Happy   I, for one, would use it as the light from the TV would wake my sorry self up, moreso than a clock.  I think it was Somejoe7777 who mentioned the Clocky, an alrm clock that rolls away.  ie., you have to get up, to shut it off.

abiloukha: AT&T has been kinda slow in the past little bit on improving the interface.  I think part of it has to do with the platform (think os) that U-Verse runs on, recently was sold by Microsoft to Ericsson.  Does that mean that they might add that feature to Mediaroom?  Who knows.  Does that mean that U-Verse would offer that option, if so enabled?  Again, who knows but there are at least five folks, or so, who would not use it. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 14 (1,804 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.