Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 30, 2013
1:22:27 AM
View profile
New Episode Indicator Feature Request

In both the Guide and Recorded shows, please indicate which episodes are NEW.  It could be next to HD indicators.  

Its very helpful when watching tv series, where you want to always watch the new episodes first and then repeats when nothing else is on.

In both the Guide and Recorded shows, please indicate which episodes are NEW.  It could be next to HD indicators.  

Its very helpful when watching tv series, where you want to always watch the new episodes first and then repeats when nothing else is on.

New Episode Indicator Feature Request

7 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 6:14:29 AM
(0)
Employee

heyradar wrote:

The OAD, or Original Air Date indicates if it's new or a rerun.

Hope this helps

heyradar wrote:

The OAD, or Original Air Date indicates if it's new or a rerun.

Hope this helps

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New Episode Indicator Feature Request

2 of 8 (610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 6:39:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Hey Fox,
Thanks for making sure the poster can find the info.
But, I think that is not the issue. The issue is communicating it as fast as possible.

I believe the Recording list has a lot of white space that could be used to communicate such important info at a glance. In fact, I have initiated a number such requests.

The guide still has similar opportunities, but is a little trickier to walk the line & not make it too busy.

This idea was recognized by designers because they placed an HD indicator in the guide. I question the real value of that application on many levels, but applaud the concept. It certainly should not be necessary today & could be replaced by something more meaningful.

Thanks for listening & caring & doing what you can.
Hey Fox,
But, I think that is not the issue. The issue is communicating it as fast as possible.

I believe the Recording list has a lot of white space that could be used to communicate such important info at a glance. In fact, I have initiated a number such requests.

The guide still has similar opportunities, but is a little trickier to walk the line & not make it too busy.

This idea was recognized by designers because they placed an HD indicator in the guide. I question the real value of that application on many levels, but applaud the concept. It certainly should not be necessary today & could be replaced by something more meaningful.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 7:31:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on May 30, 2013 at 7:33:39 AM

aviewer wrote:
Hey Fox,

I'm pretty sure that indeed the OP was referring to the "New" icon being in the Guide and I would love to see that!  It is a pain to wait for three screens of info to roll by, below the Guide or press okay, when an icon would work better.  In fact, it could replace the HD icon as most modern shows are recorded now in HD.  Maybe a bit smaller than this, lol:

aviewer wrote:
Hey Fox,

I'm pretty sure that indeed the OP was referring to the "New" icon being in the Guide and I would love to see that!  It is a pain to wait for three screens of info to roll by, below the Guide or press okay, when an icon would work better.  In fact, it could replace the HD icon as most modern shows are recorded now in HD.  Maybe a bit smaller than this, lol:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (593 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 9:10:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm a new customer coming from TWC. It's been a much better experience, except for me having to go online to find if my favorite shows are new or repeat. The guide menu is a hassle for that purpose. I'm not sure why the big HD icon is there instead.
I'm a new customer coming from TWC. It's been a much better experience, except for me having to go online to find if my favorite shows are new or repeat. The guide menu is a hassle for that purpose. I'm not sure why the big HD icon is there instead.

5 of 8 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 12:15:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

tnad wrote:

Look at the Original air date in the description.

tnad wrote:

Look at the Original air date in the description.

6 of 8 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:04:02 AM
(0)
Employee

We use Original Air Date or OAD to determine if it's new or a re run.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:52:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Sep 25, 2013 at 10:54:33 AM

Fox Mulder wrote:

AND, we understand that.  The biggest issue is that most of us would like instant information.  In order to see the OAD info, the specific program would have to be highlighted.  If you haven't pressed "OK" to bring up the full program description, you have to wait several seconds to see the OAD, which is often on the third pane.  I would love an icon or different colors to indicate a new program in the overall guide matrix.  Using the matrix currently, the only way to see if a show was new was to highlight it and read, as mentioned above.

As some of us have pointed out, AT&T uses a very suspect guide provider which results in inaccurate or completely missing OAD info - which would muck up either using the OAD date or a "new" icon.

Fox Mulder wrote:

AND, we understand that.  The biggest issue is that most of us would like instant information.  In order to see the OAD info, the specific program would have to be highlighted.  If you haven't pressed "OK" to bring up the full program description, you have to wait several seconds to see the OAD, which is often on the third pane.  I would love an icon or different colors to indicate a new program in the overall guide matrix.  Using the matrix currently, the only way to see if a show was new was to highlight it and read, as mentioned above.

As some of us have pointed out, AT&T uses a very suspect guide provider which results in inaccurate or completely missing OAD info - which would muck up either using the OAD date or a "new" icon.

[ Edited ]
8 of 8 (350 Views)