New Account - Where to enter personalized registration code??? Instructions do not work...

Contributor

New Account - Where to enter personalized registration code??? Instructions do not work...

We just got a new ATT home phone line (now active) and received an account info sheet by US mail with a "personalized registration code."  According to the instructions to register, we go to att.com/accountregister and enter this code to register a new account.

When we go to att.com/accountregister , there is NO entry field to enter this code. After selecting the account type (home), it asks for "Billing Account Number or Phone Number" and "Billing Zip Code" but no registration code. If we enter the registration code in the "Billing Account Number or Phone Number" box we get an error (needs a full account number or phone number). If we enter our new phone number we get a message: "The account information entered was not found in our records. Verify the account information you entered is correct, and try again. (SRAS020)".

We also tried three different browsers, IE, Chrome, and Firefox. So, the instructions provided with the registration code are not correct. How do we enter this code or register???

Message 1 of 3 (728 Views)

Re: New Account - Where to enter personalized registration code??? Instructions do not work...

Do you have any other AT&T services?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 3 (719 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: New Account - Where to enter personalized registration code??? Instructions do not work...

Hello duckman2000,

Just wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to ever get around this account registration issue? If you got U-verse phone services, you will not need the personalized registration code until you make it further into the registration. Usually, the easiest way is to input your account number, and it should guide you from there.

If you got AT&T Landline services, entering the phone number that you are trying to activate should get you into your account.

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (671 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.