Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 7, 2013
8:36:19 PM
View profile
Network will drop and wireless tv reciever will stop working
Edited by CzarWK on Oct 7, 2013 at 8:37:07 PM

We just moved to an apartment but had been having problems before. Basically what happens is if I start downloading a file on a phone or computer, the wireless tv reciever will drop and then the download will slow down dramatically. It fixes itself eventually, but it's kind of annoying.

I have another router that im thinking about setting up in the main router dns and not broadcasting SSID. This seems like a router issue. When I do speed tests I get the speed i'm expecting and everything looks fine on UV realtime. Thoughts?

realtime screens:

Spoiler

We just moved to an apartment but had been having problems before. Basically what happens is if I start downloading a file on a phone or computer, the wireless tv reciever will drop and then the download will slow down dramatically. It fixes itself eventually, but it's kind of annoying.

I have another router that im thinking about setting up in the main router dns and not broadcasting SSID. This seems like a router issue. When I do speed tests I get the speed i'm expecting and everything looks fine on UV realtime. Thoughts?

realtime screens:

Spoiler

Network will drop and wireless tv reciever will stop working

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 10:07:40 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi CzarWK,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues when downloading. Our routers implement a QOS control so the TVs should not be effected when downloading, so there may be an issue with the router, or with it handling a 3rd party device.

One thing you definitely want to make sure of is that all STBs and the WAP for the wireless STB is directly connected to the U-verse router. If you have anything else connected to those devices, you want to remove them, as it can cause issues (for example a computer connected Ethernet to the back of a STB).

Also, if you have anything sitting around the U-verse router that may cause interference, you want to try to move it away from it.

Regarding adding an additional router, that may be a good idea, especially if you are trying to use our router for an internal network. I have my U-verse setup with a 3rd party gigabit router to handle my internal network and wireless.

If you are still having issues, let us know and we would be glad to replace that U-verse router. Just send us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi CzarWK,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues when downloading. Our routers implement a QOS control so the TVs should not be effected when downloading, so there may be an issue with the router, or with it handling a 3rd party device.

One thing you definitely want to make sure of is that all STBs and the WAP for the wireless STB is directly connected to the U-verse router. If you have anything else connected to those devices, you want to remove them, as it can cause issues (for example a computer connected Ethernet to the back of a STB).

Also, if you have anything sitting around the U-verse router that may cause interference, you want to try to move it away from it.

Regarding adding an additional router, that may be a good idea, especially if you are trying to use our router for an internal network. I have my U-verse setup with a 3rd party gigabit router to handle my internal network and wireless.

If you are still having issues, let us know and we would be glad to replace that U-verse router. Just send us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Network will drop and wireless tv reciever will stop working

2 of 2 (180 Views)