Network will drop and wireless tv reciever will stop working

Contributor

Network will drop and wireless tv reciever will stop working

We just moved to an apartment but had been having problems before. Basically what happens is if I start downloading a file on a phone or computer, the wireless tv reciever will drop and then the download will slow down dramatically. It fixes itself eventually, but it's kind of annoying.

I have another router that im thinking about setting up in the main router dns and not broadcasting SSID. This seems like a router issue. When I do speed tests I get the speed i'm expecting and everything looks fine on UV realtime. Thoughts?

realtime screens:

Spoiler

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: Network will drop and wireless tv reciever will stop working

Hi CzarWK,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues when downloading. Our routers implement a QOS control so the TVs should not be effected when downloading, so there may be an issue with the router, or with it handling a 3rd party device.

One thing you definitely want to make sure of is that all STBs and the WAP for the wireless STB is directly connected to the U-verse router. If you have anything else connected to those devices, you want to remove them, as it can cause issues (for example a computer connected Ethernet to the back of a STB).

Also, if you have anything sitting around the U-verse router that may cause interference, you want to try to move it away from it.

Regarding adding an additional router, that may be a good idea, especially if you are trying to use our router for an internal network. I have my U-verse setup with a 3rd party gigabit router to handle my internal network and wireless.

If you are still having issues, let us know and we would be glad to replace that U-verse router. Just send us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support