Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 4, 2013
8:33:22 PM
View profile
Netflix SuperHD CDN

Does anyone know if AT&T is planning on being part of Netflix's Open Connect network that allows those ISPs access to their SuperHD programming? I want SuperHD but AT&T U-verse isn't yet part of the Open Connect CDN network.

Does anyone know if AT&T is planning on being part of Netflix's Open Connect network that allows those ISPs access to their SuperHD programming? I want SuperHD but AT&T U-verse isn't yet part of the Open Connect CDN network.

Netflix SuperHD CDN

8 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2013 5:56:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I hope you have allot of cash laying around to buy a TV capable of receiving the Super HD format.  I saw one from Sony at a local video store when I bought my new set in December and it's an 84" for the low low price of $25,000.  On the Sony website they show a 55" and 60" coming soon so no pricing on those yet. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I hope you have allot of cash laying around to buy a TV capable of receiving the Super HD format.  I saw one from Sony at a local video store when I bought my new set in December and it's an 84" for the low low price of $25,000.  On the Sony website they show a 55" and 60" coming soon so no pricing on those yet. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Netflix SuperHD CDN

2 of 9 (4,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2013 10:01:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by williamjoseph on Mar 10, 2013 at 10:13:06 PM

Super HD is just the Netflix term for 1080p and 3D titles. All you will need is a 1080p or 3D TV and a device that is 1080p compatible such Roku3 ,smart TV or any othe device that carries 1080p.

http://bgr.com/2013/01/08/netflix-super-hd-streaming-285971/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/netflix-super-hd-3d-streaming/

Super HD is just the Netflix term for 1080p and 3D titles. All you will need is a 1080p or 3D TV and a device that is 1080p compatible such Roku3 ,smart TV or any othe device that carries 1080p.

http://bgr.com/2013/01/08/netflix-super-hd-streaming-285971/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/netflix-super-hd-3d-streaming/

[ Edited ]
3 of 9 (4,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 2:06:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by williamjoseph on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:08:48 PM

Just my opinion but I do not think Uverse will sign on with the the netflix open connect feature that allows their super HD  programming. Uverse may not want the extra bandwidth usage. 

Just my opinion but I do not think Uverse will sign on with the the netflix open connect feature that allows their super HD  programming. Uverse may not want the extra bandwidth usage. 

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (4,049 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 5:28:10 PM
(0)
Expert

williamjoseph wrote:

Oh, I think once AT&T sees how much $$ Netflix is willing to pay, they'll not be worrying about bandwidth, especially since (at least for DSL users) they'll charge the user for it, making money coming and going.

williamjoseph wrote:

Oh, I think once AT&T sees how much $$ Netflix is willing to pay, they'll not be worrying about bandwidth, especially since (at least for DSL users) they'll charge the user for it, making money coming and going.

5 of 9 (4,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 1:30:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just subscribed to this, so I don't know how it works.  I'm only on here to voice my desire for the Netflix OpenConnect thing!  I want to be able watch streaming 3D on my new 3D tv!  the 1080p thing would be super awesome too!

I just subscribed to this, so I don't know how it works.  I'm only on here to voice my desire for the Netflix OpenConnect thing!  I want to be able watch streaming 3D on my new 3D tv!  the 1080p thing would be super awesome too!

6 of 9 (3,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2013 12:39:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes I too am here to ask for this to be enabled on AT&T. Perfect way to attract some new users. In addition to the fact that my U-Verse speeds support it, so it makes no sense not to push for it.

Yes I too am here to ask for this to be enabled on AT&T. Perfect way to attract some new users. In addition to the fact that my U-Verse speeds support it, so it makes no sense not to push for it.

7 of 9 (3,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 3:57:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

I would like to voice my concern for this too! Does anybody know how we can escalate this or let someone else higher up know we want OpenConnect?

Like only two providers provide this right now, I know. But it would be cool if ATT does.

Though I have a feeling they may not because they don't want folks choosing Netflix. But I would honestly stay with ATT if this happened!Smiley Happy

I would like to voice my concern for this too! Does anybody know how we can escalate this or let someone else higher up know we want OpenConnect?

Like only two providers provide this right now, I know. But it would be cool if ATT does.

Though I have a feeling they may not because they don't want folks choosing Netflix. But I would honestly stay with ATT if this happened!Smiley Happy

8 of 9 (3,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 4:25:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

The original question was "Does anyone know if AT&T is planning on being part of Netflix's Open Connect network?"  I second the question, and would love to hear from anyone at AT&T that knows what the plan is for this (if any.) 

Unfortunately there is no "thumbs down" button for posts discussing the hardware required to view HD/3D content or the cost thereof. Netflix' web site is clear on the required hardware. The cost/value of that hardware is a personal decision. Regardless of the user-end hardware, or the cost of those components, none of us are going to be able to see Netflix' Super-HD or 3D offerings if AT&T doesnt support it.

Please post if you have actual information about AT&T's intentions on this matter, or to add your voice to request AT&T support.

The original question was "Does anyone know if AT&T is planning on being part of Netflix's Open Connect network?"  I second the question, and would love to hear from anyone at AT&T that knows what the plan is for this (if any.) 

Unfortunately there is no "thumbs down" button for posts discussing the hardware required to view HD/3D content or the cost thereof. Netflix' web site is clear on the required hardware. The cost/value of that hardware is a personal decision. Regardless of the user-end hardware, or the cost of those components, none of us are going to be able to see Netflix' Super-HD or 3D offerings if AT&T doesnt support it.

Please post if you have actual information about AT&T's intentions on this matter, or to add your voice to request AT&T support.

9 of 9 (2,015 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments