Need iPad app won't work on older iPad

Tutor

Need iPad app won't work on older iPad

I am being forced to update the app on my iPad but my ipad1 is not compatable. Can no longer use the currently installed app.

Message 1 of 8
Employee

Re: Need iPad app won't work on older iPad

Do you have the most current ios on ipad1

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23421028
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Expert

I read in a post on another thread that the highest IOS that can be used on an IPdad 1 is IOS 5.  If that is the case then the user won't be able to use the app. 

Message 3 of 8

Same problem. App just stopped working, with an error message saying that I have to upgrade to the new app, but the new app requires iOS 7 and we have only an original iPad 1 that can't run iOS 7. So we had a perfectly good app that Uverse won't let us use anymore, trying to force us to a new app that we can't run!
Message 4 of 8
Mentor

Me too. Maybe they'all upgrade the upgrade to fix our problem

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

Any response fom AT&T?

Ipad 1only supports ios5.  Stuck without bing able to use the uverse app. 

Att are you going to resolve?

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

We are having the same issue, Ipad 1 only goes to iOS 5.1.1. ATT are you going to upgrade or fix? Your app is saying "Download an olderverson of this app?" Is there an older version and if so how do we find it. 

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

This type of issue makes me not want to buy another iPad. It also think that if AT&T wanted to differentiate itself as an excellent customer service provider it would work with its customers to find a workaround fix. I hope they do.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support