Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 18, 2013
11:30:18 PM
View profile
Need help with intermittent service.

Good evening!

I recently moved into a home a few months ago. The previous owner had Uverse, and I figured it was a great idea to continue the internet and TV service. My current set-up is the U-verse terminal block on the house. From the terminal block is a single run of ethernet cable to the U-verse modem. No coax is used in the home. My computer and 1 TV is hard-wired, and the other TV is wirelessly connected. The installer used the existing cable routed around the house instead of installing a new wire. For quite a while, the service ran great. However, within the past month or two, I've been having quite a few issues staying online. The solid green service light goes through a cycle of flashing red then flashing green until a connection can be established. Four or so tech calls later, I've had the modem replaced, I've been swapped to a different pair in the ethernet cable, I've been told the techs replaced the port down the street, and additional testing has been performed.

During my outages, I loose internet and U-verse TV service. There are recorded episodes on the DVR where the last 5 minutes of a show is missing.The internet outages are usually in the 10 seconds to 5 minutes range. It's enough to boot me from voice/chat/game servers.

Any suggestions are appreciated, as I would like to keep my U-verse service. I just want it to work...

Thanks!

Good evening!

I recently moved into a home a few months ago. The previous owner had Uverse, and I figured it was a great idea to continue the internet and TV service. My current set-up is the U-verse terminal block on the house. From the terminal block is a single run of ethernet cable to the U-verse modem. No coax is used in the home. My computer and 1 TV is hard-wired, and the other TV is wirelessly connected. The installer used the existing cable routed around the house instead of installing a new wire. For quite a while, the service ran great. However, within the past month or two, I've been having quite a few issues staying online. The solid green service light goes through a cycle of flashing red then flashing green until a connection can be established. Four or so tech calls later, I've had the modem replaced, I've been swapped to a different pair in the ethernet cable, I've been told the techs replaced the port down the street, and additional testing has been performed.

During my outages, I loose internet and U-verse TV service. There are recorded episodes on the DVR where the last 5 minutes of a show is missing.The internet outages are usually in the 10 seconds to 5 minutes range. It's enough to boot me from voice/chat/game servers.

Any suggestions are appreciated, as I would like to keep my U-verse service. I just want it to work...

Thanks!

Need help with intermittent service.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 5:23:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Your stats are terrible.  Go register at this site and post your issue: https://getsocial.att.com/welcome.   The community managers will get your problem solved for you. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Your stats are terrible.  Go register at this site and post your issue: https://getsocial.att.com/welcome.   The community managers will get your problem solved for you. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Need help with intermittent service.

2 of 5 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 5:50:25 AM
(0)
Employee
Two things that stand out, low noise margin and bitloading graph low upload 2 GRAPH. The bitload looks good otherwise.
Noise margin is relationship of signal to background at your distance with 3801RG i would expect 14-18 not 10.4
Low noise margin allows more errors, RG sees xxx numbers of errors and reboots itself automatically.

Possible issues include grounding problems, surge protector strip failing, introduced noise such as treadmill, microwave, bad ballast, cfi lighting,loose connections including at jack or data cable plus outside interference.
Addition issues bad splice, moisture in cable (happens during or shortly after rain storm), fluctuation in power compressors, motors, such as freezer, sump pump, air conditioning unit turning on off.
As you recently moved in, do not have a history if this is seasonal temp related.
Example being winter time split in outside cable, moisture in cable, below freezing, ice non conductive, no issue. Warms up ice turns liquid on copper cables till either refreezes or dries up.
Is your feed to house aerial or buried, if buried watering lawn?
Two things that stand out, low noise margin and bitloading graph low upload 2 GRAPH. The bitload looks good otherwise.
Noise margin is relationship of signal to background at your distance with 3801RG i would expect 14-18 not 10.4
Low noise margin allows more errors, RG sees xxx numbers of errors and reboots itself automatically.

Possible issues include grounding problems, surge protector strip failing, introduced noise such as treadmill, microwave, bad ballast, cfi lighting,loose connections including at jack or data cable plus outside interference.
Addition issues bad splice, moisture in cable (happens during or shortly after rain storm), fluctuation in power compressors, motors, such as freezer, sump pump, air conditioning unit turning on off.
As you recently moved in, do not have a history if this is seasonal temp related.
Example being winter time split in outside cable, moisture in cable, below freezing, ice non conductive, no issue. Warms up ice turns liquid on copper cables till either refreezes or dries up.
Is your feed to house aerial or buried, if buried watering lawn?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 6:26:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the responses.

I'll head over and repost to the community managers.

The feed to the house is buried. I haven't watered the lawn since I've moved into the neighborhood.

The modem is connected to a UPS (belkin). We haven't had any issues with power outages.

Thanks!.

Thanks for the responses.

I'll head over and repost to the community managers.

The feed to the house is buried. I haven't watered the lawn since I've moved into the neighborhood.

The modem is connected to a UPS (belkin). We haven't had any issues with power outages.

Thanks!.

4 of 5 (429 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 7:00:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have notified one of the community managers to be expecting your post.

I have notified one of the community managers to be expecting your post.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (412 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments